The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Been messing with supra been stood 5 years

MONKEYmark

i had a bump on front end a few years ago and car has been stood rotting away.thought it was about time i got it from parents drive and get it to my house just down the road.not sure if its worth doing or buying another standard supra in time.

The brakes have all rusted to discs.managed to break free front drivers side and the drivers rear side but it will only turn backwards took the pads out and still the same.just wanted to get it on flat bed and in my garden then may get into working on it.

it has veilside skirts and made it hard to jack up,had to use a sissor jack had not got a turner for jack so had to use screwdriver.going back up in the morning try get it all free to get it down here.

Could be more hastle than its worth but may be a project to get it up and running and just use off road.last time i worked on it i stripped all interior from behind front seats.Would like to strip all air con and anything i would not need.

need to lose the skirts and go back to standard look.got a few tools along the way but need to start getting back into it again used to love working on it.

Need to get a decent home use low level alloy trolley jack.

What sort of tools would come in handy. i seen a car creeper at car boot sale last week for £10 forgot to go back for it.

Seeing some of the great supra projects on here made me want to get back into things.

thanks lads

just seeing some of the great supras on here can spur you on.as it was out of sight it was out of mind and bought house too.think dad was sick of people knocking on door asking if it was for sale.some woman wanted it for £400 lol.got new 4000tc blitz nurspec CW decats hks cams and gears and rltc and clifford 600 remote start alarm.been collecting a few bits for it over years.

bl turbo kit with 4" downpipe/midpipe 74gts turbo.phr stage 2 fuel kit with 850cc and 960cc injectors.nos kit,and migs bl th400 auto box with 2 coolers and have a full set of facelift lights.and some CW fast road pads

need stock wings/bonnet/bumper new radiator and fmic

also needs slam panel sorting.would be happy to just get up and running on stock turbos then go from there.its one of them things if i would of let it go dont think i would have got another supra.its hard to explain what a supra does to you had this car since october 2001 had some fun times.

It's good to know another local lad.

Car creepers are quite handy to have. Get yourself to machine mart on one of those VAT free days. :thumbs:

They have some good jacks/tools at reasonable prices. You probably know more than me about Supras but if you need a hand with anything, I'm keen to help and have lots of tools :)

been up for an hour on it earlier before i went to visit sister in hospice.managed to free near side front brakes just near side rear to sort had handbrake on and getting there then will get it moved to my house and get it on axle stands and see what can be done get things cleaned up.was wondering if it would be worth buying a rolling shell or another supra.going to use just for drag racing if it gets sorted.feels good getting back into it.

got a garage at my new house but its rammed full of everything lol.would like to make a bit of a workshop for bench tools grinders and polishers and drill stands.bloke next doo is a mechanic with a car lifter and has £30k of snap on tools.would love a set up like that.he said if i wanted to use ramps after hours i can but dont like asking for help.

iky where are you in west yorkshire im in leeds.do you go to the squires meets.love the colour of your supra u have same exhaust as me too love the blitz exhausts nice deep rumble

been up for an hour on it earlier before i went to visit sister in hospice.managed to free near side front brakes just near side rear to sort had handbrake on and getting there then will get it moved to my house and get it on axle stands and see what can be done get things cleaned up.was wondering if it would be worth buying a rolling shell or another supra.going to use just for drag racing if it gets sorted.feels good getting back into it.

got a garage at my new house but its rammed full of everything lol.would like to make a bit of a workshop for bench tools grinders and polishers and drill stands.bloke next doo is a mechanic with a car lifter and has £30k of snap on tools.would love a set up like that.he said if i wanted to use ramps after hours i can but dont like asking for help.

iky where are you in west yorkshire im in leeds.do you go to the squires meets.love the colour of your supra u have same exhaust as me too love the blitz exhausts nice deep rumble

Im in Cleckheaton bud but work in Leeds city centre. Cheers :thumbs: I do love the exhaust note of the Blitz, it's just the right amount of loudness for me. I usually have the silencer funnel in but remove it now and again when I get "the itch"

You seem to have a pretty good spec list of parts, I can tell it will be awsome when you get it sorted.

Your neighbour sounds like he's a useful man to know. If I were you i'd take up his offer and make use of his services. He might just come in handy when your stuck.

Edited by Iky (see edit history)

It's been a regular attraction every time I've driven into Leeds over the last few years :D

you not one of the people who keep leaving mobile numbers under wipers lol.just never got round to sorting while saving money for deposit for house.

leons shell seems tempting but not sure if i would be taking too much on with my low skills.seems a good buy with cage in it and all fresh paint.

would not be sure about paintwork with it been a special paint colour.will have to email see what it needs.

• 3 weeks later...

going to see JPS leons SUPRA Orange shell with roll cage. he is selling have told him i will have it just need to sort some bits as it has no hubs and suspension arms so will see what i need when i get it.and will be on look out for parts when and when i can afford to get them

Going to be a long term project and will learn as i go on with things.have got my old 96 facelift car but would like to see if i can get that working with stock twins and try beat my old time before i put single turbo on.

Sorry to read of your sister Mark :(

Sounds like the perfect recipe for a 10 on stock twins if you use the jps shell with the th400 setup - would be awesome to see you go for the record and you could no doubt use the distraction :)

Would spur me on to do an ultimate stockers drag build if someone beat my record :thumbs:

Cheers,

Brian.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Brian

Just had my silver supra moved to my new house probably start getting back into messing with supra again now its on my driveway.been stood ages and going to take a lot to get to running stage again.been buying a few bits lately.there is a guy just round corner with flat bed so knocked on his door and asked if he could move supra round block to my new house.he said he would do it for £10 gave him £15 he going to get me a quote to move orange shell from milton keynes.

got 2 front facelift wings sorted

a set of rear hubs

and an other set of rear hubs and driveshafts

hopefully a set of rear shocks and top mounts

full set of uk springs

a pair of the rear quarter stock spats i think they call them they go in front of rear wheels

just trying to see if i can do without breaking the silver one up for parts.

also just bought a clarkes 2 ton trolley jack and 2 pairs of 3 ton axel stands.thought i best get something as i had a couple of close calls with sissor jacks