The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Some people need there heads knocking in.

gavin.starr

Came out to my car this morning to find this. I apologise in advance if the pictures are a bit large.

Quite a fair bit of it is just rubber exchange, but the majority of it has scratched or scored it. The bumper has been pushed in making it crack along one of the mounting points, and because the wing has been pushed in slightly it has made the paint crack and flake above the arch which will now need protecting to stop it rusting.

Im not sure how the tire happened but im pretty sure i havent done it as i would have known about it.

I had to park at the end of the street which is what i dont like doing at the best of times, it is quite a sharp corner with cars parked either side. There is a scaffolding lorry that parks at the other end of our street and i suspect its him, its tight enough for a car to turn never mind a bloody 30ft lorry. Especially seeing as it would have to be a large wheel to do the damage.

Im mad as fewk at the moment so i shall be taking a look at his lorry wheels when they return back.

Gav

bumper.jpg

bumper 2.jpg

bumper 3.jpg

crack.jpg

wing 1.jpg

wing 2.jpg

tire.jpg

Sorry to see this. I refuse to take my Supra to my girlfriend's as there's no way I'd leave it on the street at night.

This same thing has happened to her, her Mum and her Stepdad. We checked loads of cars and couldn't see damage or prove it was anyone so whoever it was got away with it.

I was aproched by a witness to my bump last night.

He said it was a mate of my next door neighbour that did it, He said he pulled up outside my house and went to my neighbours got him to come out and have a look at it and then they both went back inside.

Im going round tonight to have words with him, as he should have told me as he is covering it up. My witness has a reg, car model and colour so if all else fails i will get in touch with the police to try and get hime done for a hit and run as it is a criminal offence.

What would you do in this situation.

Im just going to ask him if he knows anything about it, if he denies it i will drop the bomb shell that i have a witness that has seen his mate do it, and seen you come out to take a look at the damage and not let me know.

Should i go down the route of getting a quote to repair the damage and bill his mate for it?

Help would be appreciated.

Gav

put an insurance claim in. if the other party doesnt declare anything, it will go against them. i would inform your neighbour you have his friends details and he has a few hours to get hold of you and offer to pay damages, otherwise your going to the insurance company with a witness from the inncodent.

if he is willing to pay you should give him a chance, but not a long chance, as you should really declare it ASAP.

this is purely insurance related in my opinion.

Check with the local police station that it hasn't been reported first. It's an offence not to report a road traffic collision within a 24hrs. If they have nothing pass them all of the necessary information along with your witness details and they should compile a report. This report will have a reference number which you can pass on to your insurance and the report itself can be used as evidence for yor claim. The only issue that there may be is that you only have the one witness... Do they live alone or is it possible that someone else seen what happened!? Obviously more witnesses suggests a stronger case.

Let us know how you get on, but I wouldn't recommend going round to their door incase they make allegations against you!

FYI this in no way constitutes legal advise and is merely my opinion based on knowledge of the Scottish legal system.:)

That's nasty man, hope the guy fesses up!

I'm lucky enough to live on a cul-de-sac (not a posh one, but a normal road with a massive brick wall halfway down...) and the curb juts out a bit at the end of the road - conveniently directly outside my house. Offers some protection...