The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Precision Turbo - where to buy?

Pred

you use the s362 in your NA-T set up as well Paul dont you? If this turbo is good for 600bhp, would a smaller turbo be better for an NA-T set up? Only asking as I need to start looking to order one.

Yes that's right. With the NA having a high compression ratio lag isn't really an issue so it's a pretty good setup. And there isn't really much smaller in T4 either, you would need to drop to a T3.

Lee of SRD can sort you out a Precision and offers great after sales help.

You cant offer any help if Precision don't want to sell you an exhaust turbine for example, CR's have been trying for 6 months to buy one for me for over 6 months, they also kept me waiting for almost 3 months for my 76 DBB when they told me they were in stock. Everytime I have called with a damaged ex wheel they just say you may as well buy a new turbo !!!

You cant offer any help if Precision don't want to sell you an exhaust turbine for example, CR's have been trying for 6 months to buy one for me for over 6 months, they also kept me waiting for almost 3 months for my 76 DBB when they told me they were in stock. Everytime I have called with a damaged ex wheel they just say you may as well buy a new turbo !!!

AET Turbos have the same problem, they cant buy the parts for them, when they go wrong, I dont know why so many people use them!

Thing is they are proven the best, most the fastest supras in the world run Precison turbos, like for like size other turbos just never seem to match the spool time or power they make, new batmowheel stuff seems to be catching up though and are good value.

On a side note AET rebuilt my Precision Billet 6765R for me, now on Jamesys car.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Thing is they are proven the best, most the fastest supras in the world run Precison turbos, like for like size other turbos just never seem to match the spool time or power they make, new batmowheel stuff seems to be catching up though and are good value.

On a side note AET rebuilt my Precision Billet 6765R for me, now on Jamesys car.

They do seem to work ok but they dont seem to last, not from what I've seen anyway, unless things have changed now.

How long did it take though, wasn't it a few months or something?