The mkiv Supra Owners Club

os giken r4c quad plate clutch anyone any experience ?

scoooby slayer

my carbonetics is going back in to be used for abit but ive decided i am changeing it shortly.

i have also come to the conclusion i dont like the fragile nature of these carbon discs so want a regular cerametalic clutch.

the clutch im looking at is the os giken r4c quad plate, rated to over 1000 hp.

for street use with occasional drag.

just looking for any first hand experience of this clutch really.

Best place to ask would be Supraforums. From what I have gathered the clutch pedal is a fair bit heavier and those clutches aren't great on the street... a little grabby etc. The 4 plates are really for all out racing rather than pootering about.

If I were in your shoes I would be going with the twin plate RPS as it's the best of both worlds... although that would be C/C which you don't want.

Best place to ask would be Supraforums. From what I have gathered the clutch pedal is a fair bit heavier and those clutches aren't great on the street... a little grabby etc. The 4 plates are really for all out racing rather than pootering about.

If I were in your shoes I would be going with the twin plate RPS as it's the best of both worlds... although that would be C/C which you don't want.

i put a thread on there too.

im not bothered about pedal too much its not a daily just my toy :)

i had a nismo twin in my skyline and that was awesome, it was slipping abit in the end but i launched the hell out of that car, clocked many 0 - 60 runs in 3.2 seconds.

looking at my carbonetics on the kitchen floor the discs are like a piece of pottery, one small tap and it would shatter, doesnt give me any confidence in the clutch.

i just want to get the best non carbon clutch there is if possible.

i put a thread on there too.

im not bothered about pedal too much its not a daily just my toy :)

i had a nismo twin in my skyline and that was awesome, it was slipping abit in the end but i launched the hell out of that car, clocked many 0 - 60 runs in 3.2 seconds.

looking at my carbonetics on the kitchen floor the discs are like a piece of pottery, one small tap and it would shatter, doesnt give me any confidence in the clutch.

i just want to get the best non carbon clutch there is if possible.

Are Tilton clutches carbon? I think it's accepted that these are the best? RPS twin didn't slip with JP and he gave it hell. Granted he's having issues now but at near 1300hp it's no wonder :D