The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whats the capabilities of a stock set of turbos?

Dim Sum

I've only recently joined in the turbo side of the supra over the one year of ownership. To be fair I'm addicted to the turbos:d but what are the maximum capabilities of the stock turbos?

I have UK engine and turbos with full BPU, boost controller and etc. What are the next steps to increase performance without changing the turbos or there ain't a next step?

That's you I'm afraid, depending on your boost settings. Next step would be hybrids or going single.

:( what about a remap? I aware it probably be better for fuel consumption but possible for a few gain in BPU?

With UK turbos you can set the boost to 1.4 if you like. Personally I wouldn't go past 1.3 on UKs as I can't see there being any gain due to increased heat.

I've heard you can adjust it to 1.4 but never have put that setting in the controller, i have set 1.3 bar on the Scrum button:d

Otherwise i'm better off saving next year for bigger turbos.

:( what about a remap? I aware it probably be better for fuel consumption but possible for a few gain in BPU?

I've heard you can adjust it to 1.4 but never have put that setting in the controller, i have set 1.3 bar on the Scrum button:d

Otherwise i'm better off saving next year for bigger turbos.

You can set it at 1.3 no bother and change the scramble button to 1.4. On a short burst you should see a bit of a difference :)

Remapping the car will gain you a bit of power and a bit more middle end grunt (the mines ECU shows this) but for the money involved I would only get a stand alone ECU if you planned on going single later on.

Ahh, you got it working then :D

What was the issue?

You can set it at 1.3 no bother and change the scramble button to 1.4. On a short burst you should see a bit of a difference :)

Remapping the car will gain you a bit of power and a bit more middle end grunt (the mines ECU shows this) but for the money involved I would only get a stand alone ECU if you planned on going single later on.

Ahh, you got it working then :D

What was the issue?

I assume i have it working, but the gains on quite high still. for me to get 1.1 on third gear the gain is around 65 and on 1.2 bar of boost i've set it on 70 :/

I just didnt want to keep hassling you on Pm :D

I assume i have it working, but the gains on quite high still. for me to get 1.1 on third gear the gain is around 65 and on 1.2 bar of boost i've set it on 70 :/

I just didnt want to keep hassling you on Pm :D

I'm thinking that might be normal due to you having UK turbos. They are a little laggier so the gain probably needs to go higher. Don't worry about increasing the gain, as long as you don't overboost you will be fine :)

I'm thinking that might be normal due to you having UK turbos. They are a little laggier so the gain probably needs to go higher. Don't worry about increasing the gain, as long as you don't overboost you will be fine :)

Thanks for the advice. If the Stock turbos blow what a great reason to tell the other half, i need another turbo:d

You could also look at going down the route of higher lift cams and mapping them in - that would see a bit of an increase but for the money it's probably not worth it by the time you buy cams, piggy back ECU (or standalone if you think you might go single in the future) and get it all fitted and mapped. Not sure what the BPU + crowd are running - probably around the 420-450 mark I would think.