The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MOT Advice

Slicknick

Wonder if anyone can help me, the car has done 100k in kilometers and was then converted to mph after import, my current MOT certificate has 100k in kilometers as it should, but since then it has been running in mph. My question really was will it be a problem at the mot center getting the correct mileage on the certificate, eg the kilometers converted to miles then the remaining miles added on. My fear is that they will do the total as miles which could hurt the value of the car!

Any advice would be great, cheers.

Guest kenblockseal

If its past 7 days the tresting station cannot do it, You would need to get the tester to contact there local office, Fax them over a covering letter, and proof that the mileage is genuine to do it, It takes alot of messing about, And if the car is tested again after it, Its not possable.

I own a MOT station and have done this a few times.

Well it was all done by Jurgen afaik, my current MOT slip which expires in October has the mileage as 98,590 kilometers, soon after that it was converted to mph, the reading now is 106,000, so around 100k in kilometers and 6k in miles. So my hope was the MOT center would put the milage as 68,000 or there abouts as that's the correct total.

Well it was all done by Jurgen afaik, my current MOT slip which expires in October has the mileage as 98,590 kilometers, soon after that it was converted to mph, the reading now is 106,000, so around 100k in kilometers and 6k in miles. So my hope was the MOT center would put the milage as 68,000 or there abouts as that's the correct total.

You need to check what it is clocking up in then. My NA had MPH on the speedo but the mileage was clocking up in KM and it stayed that way. My TT came over with 91K KM on the clock. We had the TRD clocks re adjusted so that it clocked up in miles and for the mileage to be set to 56,600 miles. I have paperwork that shows the history of the cars mileage.

Either way, you just need to let the MOT station know in advance what you expect to see on the certificate when the MOT is completed.

H.

Personally I would just let them put it as miles. As long as you have the documents to back up everything you don't need to worry when it comes to selling on.

My car is at 78k and now reads in miles. It came over with 58kms on it. I don't have any problems with saying this to any potential buyer (not that I'll be selling) and I don't think they would have any issues with that being the case. In most ads you will see that the mileage reads xxx but xx is kms and xx is miles.

My Delica had 170k on it and I have no idea when it was converted, I just put 140k on the advert and told the buyer that I'd 'guessed' it was converted at around 80k-km. You've actually got evidence that it was converted at 100k so just keep a mental tally of the mileage and tell buyers when the time comes. Simples.

My Delica had 170k on it and I have no idea when it was converted, I just put 140k on the advert and told the buyer that I'd 'guessed' it was converted at around 80k-km. You've actually got evidence that it was converted at 100k so just keep a mental tally of the mileage and tell buyers when the time comes. Simples.

I wouldn't have bought the car if that info would have been given to me. Although most people are honest and have genuinely done the mileage I would prefer some paperwork to back it up, even if it just something to help when you sell it on.

H.

this is what we do mate,

put current KM on arrival 1st mot..

we then convert clocks, so from first mot it has ran in MILES so from 100km its then in miles..

so for your next mot what you do is up to you.. get them to put 106,000 miles or KM..

so if you sell car when it has 150km your car has done 100km and 50k miles (you then have paperwork to prove it)

or get your speedo change to now read in miles.

you can then verify the miles with paperwork from first MOT.

this is what we do mate,

put current KM on arrival 1st mot..

we then convert clocks, so from first mot it has ran in MILES so from 100km its then in miles..

so for your next mot what you do is up to you.. get them to put 106,000 miles or KM..

so if you sell car when it has 150km your car has done 100km and 50k miles (you then have paperwork to prove it)

or get your speedo change to now read in miles.

you can then verify the miles with paperwork from first MOT.

Thanks for the info mate! How would i go about getting the odo mileage clocked back so it showed the correct miles?

Cheers