The mkiv Supra Owners Club

single turbo set up im thinking of doing!

jjs_82

Hi everyone,

I'm thing of going single turbo! Going for about 600bhp so the engine remains safe!!

Here's a list of things i'm going to buy for the car, so if anyone can advise or add to the set up please let me know!![GRIN][/GRIN]

Garage Whifbitz S366 66mm twin wastegate twin scroll single turbo kit

Fuel rail kit with 1000cc injectors

Fuel pressure regulator

Bosch 044 pump

BC cams 264 and Valve Spring & Retainer (these are the 2jz-ge cams from a is300 so i can have the VVTI)

Adjustable Cam pullys

Syvecs S6GP

Some of these things are kinda over and above what i need but i dont want to be running things on it's max i want to keep her safe!!

As i said before too if any of you guys have any advice or info on this i would be greatful

Cheers. Things i have

FMIC

Oil cooler

Exhaust

Clutch

Gauges boost water temp and oil pressure

Dump valve

Edited by jjs_82 (see edit history)

Are you aiming for 600bhp with some room to go for a larger turbo if you feel it too "inadequate"? :D

Also as John mentioned, is it 6spd or auto? This is very important...

If you want to aim for a genuine 600hp range you're going a bit overkill in som areas such as the injectors, FPR, etc.. The tock system is fine at those levels along with some simple drop-in injectors. Changing the cams will also be overkill at these levels if the engine is a VVTi.

Gauges wise, I disagree a bit with the above. AFR and boost are essential (good gauges with peak hold and ideally playback, though with the S6 and some logging this is not important). Oil temp & pressure is also a nice one, but the rest are really more worry gauges and only needed if you are planning track days.

Here's my list, might help you....

Single List Update

Already on the car:

Greddy 4 Row FMIC - £800

HKS SSQV2 Dump Valve - £200

AFR Gauge - £190

EGT Gauge - £100

Boost Gauge - £60

New Oil Pump - £140

New Water pump - £120

Front Crank Oil Seal - £40

Bought (required Items):

Turbo Kit (BL 4" down/mid pipe, BL manifold, AEM intake, lines etc), 900cc Bosch Injectors, FIC rail, GSC Stg1 Cams - £1900

Precision 6765 Billet Turbo - £700

ASI Radiator - £100

Bosch Fuel Pump - £115

Titan/ATI Crank pulley - £250

Aeromotive FPR - £100

Aeromotive Fittings - £30

Fuel Lines - £240

HKS Ti 4" Exhaust System - £600

ECU Sensors, Solenoid, Lambda & Switches - £280

Oil Sandwich Plate - £26

OEM Manifold Nuts - £20

OEM Manifold Studs - £10

OEM Timing Belt - £31

OEM Aux belt - £40

BC Stainless Springs & Retainers - £285

Bought (Recommended but Non-Required Items):

Power Steering Cooler Kit - £70

Vernier Cam Pulleys - £80

Billet Timing Tensioner Bracket - £150

Oil Cooler Kit - £115

ARP Head Studs - £100

OEM Gasket Kit - £240

OEM Crank Pulley Bolt - £8

OEM Thermostat - £40

OEM Sump Bolt - £5

OEM Sump Washer - £1

Oil Pressure/Temp Gauge - £150

Still to Buy (Required):

Valve Shims - £100

Solaris ECU - £1600

RPS Carbon/Carbon Clutch - £1800

Nice list Scott, very informative..

Just some questions..

About the cooling system, would a new OEM radiator not suffice for this power level?

The FPR is optional according to Homer?

I would ditch the stock FPR regardless, it doesn't take a lot to do it and an aeromotive gives you better control over the fuel. The stock fuel lines are more than enough for that sort of power though.

An OEM radiator is right as rain, the reason I went with aftermarket is that I got it for a good price and mine was on its last legs :)

BTW, remember that this is my list. The FPR isn't an option for me ;)

I would ditch the stock FPR regardless, it doesn't take a lot to do it and an aeromotive gives you better control over the fuel. The stock fuel lines are more than enough for that sort of power though.

An OEM radiator is right as rain, the reason I went with aftermarket is that I got it for a good price and mine was on its last legs :)

BTW, remember that this is my list. The FPR isn't an option for me ;)

Ok, thanks... I realise that is your choice.. For the cost of the FPR I would throw it in the mix as well..

Highly doubt it, would need a double. That's the reason I'm going with the bosch, good for ITRO 700hp. I wouldn't fancy pushing it past 750 though.

Ok cool...

Its amazing how addictive this stuff is, I always had the intention of staying at BPU, that single turbo build is beginning to turn into a reality with every post on this forum.. :D

Ok cool...

Its amazing how addictive this stuff is, I always had the intention of staying at BPU, that single turbo build is beginning to turn into a reality with every post on this forum.. :D

If toyota would get the finger out.... yeah :D

I fancy manifold wrapping tomorrow.

Ok sorry every one i should have said what i have. {98 vvti tt6} Blitz Nurspec catback with 1st and 2nd De-cats. Greddy front mount inter cooler. Trust oil cooler. Fidanza lightened flywheel. Whifbitz braided fuel hose to remove pulsation damper. Blitz oil pressure gauge. HKS dump valve. Blitz SBC (Sequential boost controller). Apexi pillar mounted gauges (boost and temp Apexi turbo timer. Spec clutch kit. HKS twin power High performance ingintion system Type DLI.

Are you aiming for 600bhp with some room to go for a larger turbo if you feel it too "inadequate"? :D

Also as John mentioned, is it 6spd or auto? This is very important...

If you want to aim for a genuine 600hp range you're going a bit overkill in som areas such as the injectors, FPR, etc.. The tock system is fine at those levels along with some simple drop-in injectors. Changing the cams will also be overkill at these levels if the engine is a VVTi.

Gauges wise, I disagree a bit with the above. AFR and boost are essential (good gauges with peak hold and ideally playback, though with the S6 and some logging this is not important). Oil temp & pressure is also a nice one, but the rest are really more worry gauges and only needed if you are planning track days.

One never said they were all needed matey just advise on what he could look into.