The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lifting the engine out.

Hellstrom

Iam going to lift my engine out. just want to tuch it up abit in the winter and get the enginebay painted. Iam going to lift both engine and gearbox out. since i haven't lifted a 2jz out before iam asking for some tips and tricks. My questions is.

How much do i need to strip off? Turbos? Intake? Ive read somthing that you could unplug the ECU connector and just pop it trought the firewall and get the whole loom with the engine, is that correct? front will go and the cooler too.

as said any tips are welcome.

Leave the loom on the engine and pull it through out of the bulkhead, it's fiddly but FAR better than trying to take the loom off the engine.

It's very heavy as a full unit with gearbox. I tend to split them and take the box out on the ramp and then take just the engine out of the top of the bay. It may be possible to drop the lot on the floor, still on the subframe on a ramp, like I do Skyline GTR's, I have never tried.

Sounds pretty straight forward. Will empty the gearbox before pulling it out. i dont really get the part about the loom probebly becouse i haven't even checked how iam going to do. but iam guessing that unplugging the ECU connector and just try to fiddle the stuff trough the bulkhead. iam guessing there is a hole that fits the ECU connector then?

Thanks for tips.. keep em comming :)

Cheers