The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What brakes for Bogart D10 15 inch wheels.

Guest kenblockseal

Guest kenblockseal

Hi there,

Could anyone tell me what brakes i will need to run if i fit a set of Bogart ive just bought.

The wheels ive bought are -

15x10 inch rears

15x3.5 inch fronts

My car currently has UK Spec front calipers.

And j spec rears.

Thanks.

Yeah id like to keep it fully road legal aswell. Any idea what calipers i can put on the front then ?

If the j spec does not fit you will have to fit strange brakes, call Leon at JPS Motorsport and tell him John Morgan told you to call he has a full set of strange brakes. I would not use it on the road with 3.5 front wheels and front runner tires.

Guest kenblockseal
If the j spec does not fit you will have to fit strange brakes, call Leon at JPS Motorsport and tell him John Morgan told you to call he has a full set of strange brakes. I would not use it on the road with 3.5 front wheels and front runner tires.

I was under the impresion that N/A Jspec fronts would do it after reading this -

http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/Templates/frmTemplateM7.asp?SubFolderID=4344&SearchYN=N

"Bogart Wheels have been used in all circles of professional import racing for the past 12 years. They offer the lightest weight with the highest strength available in a lightweight drag race wheel. We use and recommend the Billet Series D10 wheel due to the weight of the Supra. Available in 15x3.5" for the rear.

Longer wheel studs and smaller brakes such as the Strange lightweight brake kit or Supra Non-Turbo are required for 15" wheels. We can provide this as well, just contact Dusty.

"

I was just hoping to switch my UK stuff to N/A jspecs and run this, I also plan to use a set of compomotive MO's for the road.

Kenny.

I think thats a typo on the mvp site.

Either that or a getout clause for when they don't fit on the front :D

I think you will be OK bud. The Jspecs are quite small, the design should be OK for the overall diameter. The distance between the spokes and the face of the caliper can always be altered with spacers :)

Ideal mate, just need to find somw jspec fronts now.

10 a penny mate. Get yourself some ones needing a refurb. You will pick them up easily for less than £50. Get a front refurb kit and get them mint.... job done.

You'll pick up £300 for your UKs in the process ;)

Guest kenblockseal
10 a penny mate. Get yourself some ones needing a refurb. You will pick them up easily for less than £50. Get a front refurb kit and get them mint.... job done.

You'll pick up £300 for your UKs in the process ;)

Cheers Scott.