The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toyota chaser jzx100+2jzgte+v160+t51r = one fast 4 door monster

skyludeboy

Thaught I start a project thread of of current project I have had this car for a while now always doing something to it but now its going to undergo a full engine rebuild

heres how I got the car over a year ago.

It came with a 2jzgte engine conversion from japan, with 6 speed getrag gearbox and hks t51r turbo conversion, with the usual greddy front mount intercooler, earls oil cooler and defi gauges. It came to me running 450bhp no engine management or injectors had an r34gtr fuel pump and a chipped ecu which I doubt did any thing so first step was to sort out the fueling issues and engine management. All the work has been done on a driveway except for tuning :)

so I had to do a few changes first up, the car had an r34 gtr fuel pump, I made my mind to upgrade the pump and swap over with a bigger bosch 044 unit and later upgrade to an external fuel pump setup with swirlpot.

heres the work in progress

gtr fuel pump removed

new bosch 044 pump

fuel pump assembled with fittings I found in my tool box pretty easy job

ready to be mounted in tank setup.

Then came the injectors which I swapped the 440cc stock ones for siemens 850cc top feed setup was pretty much straight fit

to start the job I needed a local helper monkey

after injectors was fitted I had to sort engine management, so I went for a search for a power fc but they became very rare and people asking for silly money, luckily Ryan G offered me hks f con v pro ecu which came with a harness which was wired and fitted to the oem wiring loom by him and mapped.

As soon as Ryan G 2Bartunning, fitted the ecu we went to surrey rolling road to have it mapped

it made 562 bhp at 1 bar of boost not bad, It stayed like this until it started to feel slow.

heres a boring dyno video

current interior

new wheel

out with the stock sofa seat

new driftworks bucket seat

takata harnesses

bucket seat and harness fitted harness currently attached to rear brace untill I get a friend to weld some eye bolts so I can mount them lower

Then started to work on the brakes as the stock ones were having none of it at high speeds had to brake miles early to get the damn thing to stop.

So I fitted some ls400 calipers today and boy do they make a diffrence deffo a must have compared to the stock j spec brakes they originally come with.

First of all all the orignal brake calipers, lines, disks and abs pump were removed

what a load of crap and pain in the arse to get out.

Then some rca spacers and offset nuts without these I could never have done the conversion as the calipers could not mount on due to hitting the tie rod end.

this is how they fit on you need longer bolts to mount them onto the hubs and they also lower your car by 25mm so ride height will have to be re adjusted

original mounting nuts were knocked out of the caliper and offset nuts fitted. The calipers are mounted to press the offset nuts into the calipers

new braided lines to replace existing factory lines

The end result

I also now got some JZA80 rear disks and calipers to go on just need to design some offset nuts to mount the caliper on to my hub as well as getting the orignal brakeshoes relined with thicker material to be able to use the handbrake