The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clutch break in help

95supra

I have a street full face disc setup by RPS which I bought from MVP motorsports. Its rated for about 525/torque.

I also purchased a new Fidanza 14.5lb flywheel.

I already put about 250km on the clutch city driving and a little bit of highway.

I am not riding the clutch but just release and go, and not shifting hard... I'm just driving "normal".

When in gear I did acclerate hard many times up to 160km.

What kind of driving is recommended? I have been told different things so I don't know what to believe.

I know that launches and stuff shouldn't be done but I'd like to drive my car you know... just wanted to break the clutch in properly first.

cheers

also my flywheel which is 14.5 lbs is quite.

there is a metal vibrating sound when going up a hill or when in gear at low RPM, besides that when engaging and at idle you can't hear a thing.

I have heard videos of 13lb flywheels when being engaged and at idle they are very loud, should mine be loud? I don't care if it is or not just want to make sure something isn't wrong.