The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK Supra TT C Service Costs and where North East

Guest markolambo

Guest markolambo

Hi can anyone help. My UK TT Auto is ready for its C service and I have been quoted £430 at Hodgsons Gateshead. Is this a reasonable price.

If not can anyone recommend any reliable garage that will do this either in the North East or Edinburgh.

Thanks in advance

A bit of a thread hijack here but if you could add you uk spec to the uk spec register it would be great.

Just noticed your not a member so you can't access it but if you drop me a pm with your reg number, colour, transmission, mileage and any defining features it has I will add it to the list. You would be No 145 on the list.

Guest markolambo

Superman I live in Gosforth, Newcastle the car is silver auto and is a 1993 bought from Reg Vardy Lexus dealer originally.

I am the second owner and have had the car since 1997 and it has just under 80K miles on it. The car is totally stock with beige leather interior and the 6 CD player.

The only work I have had done was to have it undersealed last year and had Kevin from Envy resolve a problem with the Diff 3 years ago, which he did a great job on.

My Radio has recently started to prove problematic and I would like a replacement so if you have any guidance as to sources /breaker that might have one it would be appreciated.

I have met the original owner a couple of times now so know its full history.

DNK ~With respect to the Service C option this is defined in the Service book, I could scan this but I guess its the same for all Supras. I would prefer to use a main dealer to have it serviced or a very good professional indy. Any help would be appreciated.

Why do you want to use a main dealer? I would advise you to avoid them at all costs especially Hodgeson Toyota at the Metrocentre or Minories Toyota in Sunderland. They are good for getting parts but are clueless when working on Supra's. Although saying that I've not asked them for any work for over 5 years, but I doubt very much that they have any mechanics with any supra experience.

An 80k car should have had it's timing belt done at 60k, which is good news as it's the most expensive service item. If your service involves all fluid and filter changes, spark plugs etc then at £430 your having your eyes torn out mate.

Edited by Bossco (see edit history)

DNK ~With respect to the Service C option this is defined in the Service book, I could scan this but I guess its the same for all Supras. I would prefer to use a main dealer to have it serviced or a very good professional indy. Any help would be appreciated.

I've got the A & B service items listed in my service book but not the C service so i

can't help accurately if the price you've been quoted is okay or not.

You'll be paying a silly hourly rate though for what can be done by a competant local

garage, my local village garage does all my work including cam

belts etc

Their £40 phr unlike Toyota who'll be i'd imagine over £100 phr +

you'll be paying full retail on any parts or fluids supplied by them.

As an example Toyota's Iridium plugs for the supra are £15.09 each inc vat

which is £90.57 for 6 inc vat.

You can get 6 BKR6EIX NGK Iridium plugs from http://www.sparkplugs.co.uk for

£42.48 inc vat.

Apparently their even cheaper on Amazon

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Guest markolambo

OK guys thanks for the guidance

Supraman UK I have sent you a PM re Reg, also who is Keron?

DNK , Bossco = Re the C Service, the Service book details a full list , most of them are checks, but the change items are

Timing belt ( I had this done at 58000 miles)

Oil, Filter

Sparkplugs

REplace CB points

Replace fuel and airfilter

repack front wheel bearings

lubricate propeller shaft

Change differential oil

change transmission oil

change transfer box oil

grease all steering joints and suspension bushes

tighten bolts on chassis and body

lubtricate door hinges

Understand your logic re the main dealer so if not a dealer then do you have any recommendation of a reliable garage to do this. I used to use Envy till they went bust and wasnt happy with the garage I used last year.

Your feedbac kwould be appreciated as I note you both live in the north East.

Your best bet would be Jurgen at JM Imports as he is in Newcastle for servicing he is a trader on here. Keron is also a trader on here his company is called Extreme performance. On the main forum page scroll to the bottom and you will see the traders section.

Keron - http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?143751-Extreme-Performance

Jurgen - http://www.jm-imports.co.uk/

Im just looking at your C list and guess its not specific to a mkiv tt

transfer box oil ? dont think it has one

lube the prop ? dont think it has grease nipples

lube the suspension ? as above

cb points ? doesn't have them

Give Jurgen a call

Also im sure your valve shim clearances are checked in the C service