The mkiv Supra Owners Club

CCTV For Your Car!!

Green Peace

Ok...any old excuse to play with NEW toys.

I recently acquired a Radio scanner that tunes in hidden cameras and TV link frequencies as well as recieveing Police aircraft PMR etc etc...and it has a little video screen on it (Icom IC-R3)

I then thought what a great idea to have an infrared camera installed in my car so when I am in a hotel room I can sit the monitor by my bed and get instant pics, also it will be useful to check up on dodgy Mechanics whist they are fixing my car and because it has audio too, I will be able to hear dialogue like ' lets smother some oil over it Bones and tell him hes gort a major oil leak' type of thing.

Its an experiment at this stage, but it could prove useful...what do ya reckon or am i nuts?

:D :p

Originally posted by sky

I'm just gonna call you NUTS because I'd hate to miss the opportunity !:p

oh ok ...well I was just bored....I got a Video scanner for my Birthday, its well good and I was just thinking of ways to use it...the cameras are as cheap as £50...so its not a big outlay, they do sound too, and if I get bored of that I can always put it in the ladies locker room at my local gym as I expect Jay would do (u Perv )

:D :D

:p

Originally posted by Jay

Hey, I was thinking of in-bumper cam or something like that, whats up with your mind dude?

P.S Locker rooms? pfff..so amatuer..:conf:

:D ;)

OK showers then...but prob is the lens will steam up....strangely enough I was playing around with it (the scanner that is) on a journey back from Tescos and I picked up a hidden camera in a shower in Bushey just near Bushey train station...think it must be some dodgy Landlord or something...its so much fun this toy.

Originally posted by Jay

Hey, I was thinking of in-bumper cam or something like that, whats up with your mind dude?

.................i wasnt thinking about bumper camera's at all.

green fleece can i have a demo of this contraption when you set it up in the womens showers for me..... much appreciated dude :D

Originally posted by Green Peace

...on a journey back from Tescos and I picked up a hidden camera in a shower in Bushey just near Bushey train station...think it must be some dodgy Landlord or something...its so much fun this toy.

Seriously? Man, i'd be parked out side there waiting for 'the show'! Having said that, it'd probably be some old geezer or something scrubbing his back. No end of weirdo's out there...

Originally posted by Jay

Seriously? Man, i'd be parked out side there waiting for 'the show'! Having said that, it'd probably be some old geezer or something scrubbing his back. No end of weirdo's out there...

Well I only looked at it once and the light was dim and no-one in the shower....

yeah can ya imagine sat there all night hoping to see sum young student lass...only to find some big hairy Greek bloke he he...

Anyway you'd soon get bored coz its just one angle...

btw the camera I ordered is from flyonthewall some well good stuff there, if you want to fit a camera in ya car, ya shower, ya bedroom etc.

:D

http://www.flyonthewall.uk.com

My Spy camera arrived this morning and to be honest its not very good, its supposed to be colour...but I cant see any in the picture...the radio range is excellent, I even tried putting it in the microwave oven (as its screened) and it still sent pictures out.

theres a major problem with the in built iris, it shuts down to black if its moved, which is as good as usless if ya fit it in a motor.

I have to say though the pictures in complete darkness with the infrared is excellent (and thats sposed to be in black n white)

Any way sending it back....its rubbish dosn't do what it says on the tin...I'll try find another one..

:p