The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Custom Headlight Intake (PicHeavy)

Noz

Well, this has been in the pipe line for me. It's taken a while, but I've got a few other things going on as well so this hasn't been made a priority.

This won't be everyones taste, but it's not an off the shelf item, and I wanted something different. I'm not a pro at body work so please dont slate the quality :)

Going NA-T, the idea of heat soak with the air filter made me ponder about different ideas. I'd like to do a few track runs, so possibilities of air flow were going through my mind, here, is the result.

That looks the dog's danglies, a very tidy job.

Was there a reason behind the small size of the inlet though? I might've kept it a tad bigger myself to encourage airflow.

But still sterling work.

Thanks mate. Any pics of your's handy?

The idea behind the smaller inlet was to follow the flow of the shape of the car before it turned into an inlet, didn't want it to be a sudden change so gave myself room to build a radius into the inlet as well as a flat area, hoping this idea would make the unit look like another panel rather than just an intake.

The hole is pretty small dude, this is what I use

Thats nice mate. Seen that one before but never seen a picture that good. Any pics on the car?

Fairplay thats really good, how long did it take you.

Ages... Having no mould to make it from and waiting for thin sheet metal held things up. Total start to finish was 4 months. This was no where near constant work though.

b;3208324']Nice work dude' date=' very good craftsman ship skills shown there : D and attention to detail with the guide coats for a spot on finish :cool:[/quote']

Thanks mate :D

Thanks mate. Any pics of your's handy?

The idea behind the smaller inlet was to follow the flow of the shape of the car before it turned into an inlet, didn't want it to be a sudden change so gave myself room to build a radius into the inlet as well as a flat area, hoping this idea would make the unit look like another panel rather than just an intake.

I haven't got one mate, I went out of my way to keep the stock air box. I've just bought some silicon hoses of various shapes and sizes to keep my NA airbox in use with the 1JZ engine and SMIC arrangement. If it works out it won't even look too bad, which will be a first for me!

I haven't got one mate, I went out of my way to keep the stock air box. I've just bought some silicon hoses of various shapes and sizes to keep my NA airbox in use with the 1JZ engine and SMIC arrangement. If it works out it won't even look too bad, which will be a first for me!

Your right I miss-read it mate. Gets me into all sorts of trouble trying to read things too quick as I'm at work and busy as hell.

Maybe you should make one? ;)