The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Are US Supraforums afraid were catching up???

hodge

Hi guys

So I posted a vid of my supra on the Dyno with the title,

"my supra Dyno run 914 HP on pump fuel".

So first post some dude comes on and tells me this:-

"sound very good but here is problem again say away from dyna pack dynos as they read way to high .......also on pump fuel lol lol try dyno jet please"

What is wrong with these people. Why can't they be happy for us. I know they questioned Jamies results too, although his were a lot higher than mine but on the same Dyno.

I mean come on, it's not as if were sizing nobs or something to see who is going to Nail Jessica Simpson FFS.

It's just annoyed me. Don't get me wrong, I never dreamed of making this much power and was shocked myself, but that's all down to Ryans expertise.

The Dyno cell was first class and the conditions were perfect. I think these guys need to realize things are developing over here and were catching up.

Little rant over.

Mate don't let it bother you, the biggest thing is we have great fuel straight out the pump at every fuel station, they don't. As I posted on jamies thread, if there so worried about our results buy a few gallons of v power and get one of there cars on the dyno and do a direct comparison. Nobody seemed to interested in that!! Lol

Don't get me wrong it is what it is. Even if the car only made 600hp but drove like it does id still be over the moon. What's wrong with "great work" or "congratulation" even.

It seems to be like ooooo, these guys are getting quicker, let's all tell I'm there full of M&Ms and there Dynos read high. Goodness Gracious grow up.

Edited by Pixelfill
edited, take care with your spelling John ;) (see edit history)

we always say there dynos read high what goes around comes around.

good result though :D

Their dynos do read high though. Their production cars show that when they come over here ;)

Even their holy grail of under readers, the Mustang Dyno, reads high compared to ours.

I'm going on BIGcc's dynojet soon for some more mapping, if it's higher or lower I could not care less tbh, we know know TDI's and AME's dyno read almost spot on to each other and for us to all compare dyno numbers that's what counts IMO.

I've always said exactly that. Even on SF I said the same thing. We have our yardstick, they have theirs. IMO that is all that we need, something to compare each others figures to. At the end of the day all that matters is how the cars perform on the road, the dyno figures are just a tuning aid to let you know where you stand.

What sort of octane fuel is available over there? If I remember it's less than in the UK. I think you are going to get mines bigger than yours willy waving no matter which forum you go on. I would be genuinely interested in a UK car going over there though, I hear many stories of them reading too high and on several forums mention of "thats US horsepower though" ;).

What's the highest figure they have hit on pump fuel? Just out of curiosity. I'm thinking it might be sour grapes as you guys will have blown that figure out of the water.

I'm not sure on their highest figures, but they love the racegas and the E85 - but on pump, it's rare to see them go above 1.2-1.4bar.