The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Remove and replace the Stock twins

Samurai 20V

Guys,

I have been reading the service guide on removing the twins and have some questions

1. Is it totally necessary to drain the coolant, I just changed the radiator so I dont want to waste all that coolant.

2. I just replaced the O2 sensor nuts and 1st decat to turbo nuts as well as both gaskets. Can I reuse them?

3. If I buy the full gasket kit, will have all the gaskets for the turbos, oil and water pipes?

4. Any difficult points I should be aware of, special tools etc?

Thanks.

1. coolent does have to be drained,But you might get away with just making the water level lower then the turbos, or could just save it and not spill it out on the floor!

2.the o2 sensor stays put just unplug it.(iirc)

3.Yes

4.You will need a very long extention bar 2ft or maybe longer, for certain a long braker bar bolts will be tight,plasters and lots of them, a jack to take the weight of exhaust parts for lining back up, 14mm spanners every type you can get your hands on(one of the turbo - mainfold bolts is hard to get to).

nuts and gasket might be okay depends on condition realy.

iirc the long extention was for a 1st turbo suport braket, you will also need a wobble adaptor and use it at verious places.

the extention bar needs to go from under the car to pritty much the top of the turbo.there is a thread somewhere with a picture of what is needed from the extention, i used all my 1/2 and 1/4 extentions with adaptor to get it long enough

nuts and gasket might be okay depends on condition realy.

iirc the long extention was for a 1st turbo suport braket, you will also need a wobble adaptor and use it at verious places.

the extention bar needs to go from under the car to pritty much the top of the turbo.there is a thread somewhere with a picture of what is needed from the extention, i used all my 1/2 and 1/4 extentions with adaptor to get it long enough

Thank alot mate.. I have a full tool kit so I should be pretty well covered..

Will order the nuts, they were cheap anyway, gasket should be ok..

Step by step guide to removal is here with pics (courtesy of TLicense)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?82952-Blitz-Twin-Turbo-Installation

Re-fitting is pretty much the same in reverse :) My mechanic used this when he changed mine & he had it done in a day.

Thanks mate..Never looked in that thread...

The gasket kit is big bucks, I will get a quote on the gaskets I need from my local dealer, thanks for the advice..