The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sunday strip down, pics included.

little num

Well i deiced to take my engine out yesterday as on my last trackday it decided to spin a big end bearing, Knocking on start up then after a good blast was knocking all the time lol.

I had listend to to knocking while the engine was running and thought it was big end 5 or 6 and on strip down as i removed the con rod caps the bearing was still on the crank, came off easy and dont seem to have caused much damage but my engineer man will tell me more when he checks the crank over.

Was suprised how easy these engine's are to take apart but then any idiot like me can take them apart lol its putting it back together where the skill comes in.

So with that in mind ill be buying a new engine shortyl lol.

took me just 4 hours from engine on stand to totally stripped to a bare block, oil pump has been taken apart and has deep scratch's inside, not sure if thats due to bits of bearing getting sucked up by it, but there was plenty of bits in the sump so will need a full acid dip to remove any parts not wanted and give a nice new clean look.

Head will be skimmed and checked, valve's regrinding in either by hand or my machine shop will do it.

As for the crank i might get it knife edged and rebalanced with flywheel and pully attached to make sure its true.

Should be back on the road within the next month (im aiming at) depending on parts and other people taking there time.