The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finally after years of waiting, i bought myself a supra!!!

spikedjack

After years of waiting to finally insure one, i've bought a supra after looking for the last 6 months for the perfect one..

Its 1998 spec (needed this to put my private reg plate on) RZ jap import with 54k miles on the clock. Recaro's, carbon steering wheel, BPU w/ uprated side mount, blitz nur spec RX, doubt decat, profec B. Active aero, speedline 18x10/18x8.5j mag wheels, eibach springs :)

Today i stripped the full interior out, removed the sard boost pillar gauge and mounted it in the dash where the clock should be, removed a poorly fitted sony head unit and fitted a pioneer ipod unit with the ipod fitted inside the arm rest, and mounted a single din pocket with the boost controller in :)

Im mega happy with it and have huge plans :) Just a shame i have to wait 2.5 weeks to be able to legally drive her when my other insurance policy runs out :(

a few pictures from today/the advert anyway:

cheers for looking i guess :)

Cheers for the kind words all she really is gorgeous :D

Plans...

New filter set up something like a hks mushroom

Uprated brake pads and braided lines all round

A set of HSD coilovers (mate runs them on his RX7 and i really rate them)

Full poly bush

Refresh the decals on the brakes

Possibly paint the front bumper as there are a few chips etc on it

FMIC kit

POSSIBLY de spoiler it, but im unsure atm

and when the cash allows, a set of new wheels, maybe some work emotion XD-9's? again need pics :)

Otherwise im over the moon, and cant wait to get it on the road later on this month :D In the mean time, just going to make it mint for then, give it another service etc

I saw that car on autotrader and thought it was a good buy for someone..........

nb I also wouldn't polybush the car, if it has particular suspension issue which i'd think unlikely at its mileage then i'd fix them as and when when genuine parts.

other than that, roll on those couple of weeks and enjoy :)

Stunning mate! Perfect car in the perfect colour. New set of wheels would set that off and need nothing else :)

BTW those steering wheels are worthless so you can sell me it for a tenner. Kthnxbye ;)

:lol: I've been there an done the same posts on other forums... so to that sir, i bid you a good day ;)

cheers mind :D

Please don't de-spoiler it. It looks fantastic as it is.

Don't go for the HKS mushroom, they provide awful filtration.

I approve of the rest of your list so I'll let you carry out those to your own car :D

Will look into it... what other filter set up would you suggest? im never a massive fan of airboxes due to the huge restriction they caused on my last project

as for the spoiler... i like this over the TRD one, but will have to see photos and decide in this colour:)

otherwise cheers for that lol!

I saw that car on autotrader and thought it was a good buy for someone..........

nb I also wouldn't polybush the car, if it has particular suspension issue which i'd think unlikely at its mileage then i'd fix them as and when when genuine parts.

other than that, roll on those couple of weeks and enjoy :)

Oooo i think a few spotted it on there, was for sale on piston heads for 1.5k more the week before and i got it even cheaper than the autotrader ad so good times :D

any particular reason as to the poly bushes?

Me and all my mates have done it to past cars and the difference is night and day in comparision so presumed doing the same to this would make a huge imporvement due to the sheer amount of bushes there are!

Check out my garage. I've been through the process of Stock/TRD or Despoilered.

I went through stages and have ended up back at Stock. Its they way forward for Gunmetal cars :)

A few crap iPhone pictures of the 3 different ones in this thread

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?248844-Spoiler-Change-and-the-reason-your-TRD-spoiler-is-not-as-light-as-you-may-think.

Me and all my mates have done it to past cars and the difference is night and day in comparision so presumed doing the same to this would make a huge imporvement due to the sheer amount of bushes there are!

I have to say i've had no personal experience of this, just remember a few posts about the subject (I will try and search them out) where i think longevity and actual performance was questioned. I would just say hold off until you used it for a while that's all, ie put it down your list a bit, fit the new coil overs you like etc and see how it goes/feels.......no rush if you waited this long to get one! :D

Oooo i think a few spotted it on there, was for sale on piston heads for 1.5k more the week before and i got it even cheaper than the autotrader ad so good times :D

any particular reason as to the poly bushes?

The supra chassis and double wishbone setup is fantastic mate. It's far better than most other cars you have probably fettled with. You have to understand that comparatively speaking you are talking about 60k car suspension here. You wouldn't go and buy say a R35 GTR and stick polly bushes in would you?

I definitely wouldn't recommend poly bushing the car, I've thought about it many times (as I want to freshen up the bushes) but I just can't bring myself to do it. When the Supra is tight on good bushing it handles like it's on rails mate.

Oh 100% no rush for any of the mods, by the looks of things i'll be keeping it for a GOOOD while now :D

Interesting that everyone hates the HKS mushrooms, i have an ITG on my other car and that seems ok so might be worth a look into?

HKS mushrooms are shockingly bad.

Here is an old comparison for you...

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/

Pay no attention to the HP increase as the heatsoak will mean you will most likely drop HP.