The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Your Best PROVEN 0-60 Times?

Supra-duper

Have read a few previous threads on this but haven't seen a thread with properly timed runs on here (unless I've missed it)

I had a go on the 0-60 timer at Trax 2011 and another forum member had a go as well and got around a 3.9 with his single, so I'll start...

Spec:

TT Auto, BPU, 1Bar boost, 3" System inc. double de-cat & rr, TRD panel filter, 18yr old stock smic, standard jspec fuel pump, 265/35/18"s at 22psi

0-60:

4.92 Seconds

Im hoping to get a high stall and some smaller wheels with drag radials on for future runs, oh and get the boost to 1.2 Bar. :)

That looks to me like you were already doing 5mph at 0 seconds ;)

i was waiting for that lol, its to do with the rollout, if i set the gtech to 0 rollout and run at pod the gtech tells me im slower than i am, to get it right to a pod slip i have to use a 12" rollout.

in my skyline i was addament i was doing 30 - 130 mph in 10 seconds going by speedo videos, but in reality i was doing it in 11 seconds with the gtech setup by pod run slips.

I think the 0-60 here will be the same between the 550-1000bhp cars due to traction. 0-100 would be a better indication I think

Tyres will make a huge difference to that though. TDR ran a 2.9 sec 0-60 in a BPU supra. Unfortunately the 0-60 of the Supra isn't power related, it's traction related.

Was that in a manual bud? MR2s are hard to beat under a ton IMO. That's some going if it's in a manual though, any spec information? What did you run?

Yeah manual. It will do 70+ in second so only one gear change.

On that run it would of been a good time but as soon as I hit 3rd the gearbox imploded itself!

It's a 2.2l running a gt40.