The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RLTC in ashtray - anyone else

Grazer

Has anyone else done something like this:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/gcsimpson/2004_08_rewiring05_rotate.jpg

If so - is there anything to be done with the surrounding hole?

I should hopefully be getting my dash painted silver in the next couple of months - would it be possible to fill the hole and paint over it so it looks flush?

Does the box not get in the way when you are changing gear? if I'm in the city and changing gear a lot I tend to rest my arm on there, don't think I could live with the box in the way. Mine is stuck to the dash to the right of three small vent slots.

Originally posted by qaisar

i would like mine located there too but sunk into the ashtray with the flip top working so its hiden away,

I think the box is too big to fit into the actual ashtray - I suppose you could always make a smaller box to house the knob/button/LED

Originally posted by Nic

Does the box not get in the way when you are changing gear?

Not really - I usually keep my mobile in the ashtray, so I'm used to something being there.