The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Winter Protection - Done!

Jellybean

Got the bat mobile done on Saturday; really happy with the result!

■ Snow Foam Car

■ Rinse car

■ Pro Hand Wash using the two bucket Method

■ Grit guards and lambs wool mitts Used

■ Wash Wheels with Non Acid Wheel Cleaner

■ Wash Wheel Arches, Lower Arches

■ Door Arches, Door Shunts/hindges cleaned

■ Car hand dried

■ Car clay barred

■ Exterior rubber and plastic trim dressed and protected

■ Alloy wheels polished and sealed

■ Tyres Dressed

■ One Application of sealant applied

■ One Application of Wax applied (SwissVax: Onyx)

■ Interior Fragrance

1) Does anybody have a good way to clean the Key hole on the door?

2) The Mesh Grill, do most members only get roughly 12 months out of it before it needs a touch up ; I normally paint it on the car with Hammerite and spray the bonnet vents! My Bumper is a nightmare to get on and off. Would a powder coat last longer?

3) Whats the best way to clean the engine, I used the Autoglym Engine cleaner and it has made the intake go milkey color (looks like Lime scale) , is it possible to restore it to its matt metal color?

Edited by Jellybean (see edit history)

Cleaning your hole is a bit anal Carlo :D

I did mine a while back, I used a cotton bud (the type on the end of a stick) with megs metal polish and it came up nice. Don't know about the mesh as I don't have any. For the engine it was maybe still warm when cleaned which can make it go a bit milky. When cleaning mine I generally go for soapy water and a cloth first to get the grime off, followed by some diluted APC (all purpose cleaner) and a brush, then megs metal polish for the shiny bits and some wd40 to give a bit of a sheen. I haven't powerhosed or rinsed mine before but know of many that do - if so make sure the electrical bits are covered with plastic bags or cling-film.

nice work there, sounds like my weekly routine lol

My mate olley (detailer) will be getting mine to seal before winter sets in, he hand applied wax to it before suprapod, as in just the tub of wax and bare hands! was an odd sight. Think i'll get it nanolexed by him again as that lasted a long time.

1) Does anybody have a good way to clean the Key hole on the door?

2) The Mesh Grill, do most members only get roughly 12 months out of it before it needs a touch up ; I normally paint it on the car with Hammerite and spray the bonnet vents! My Bumper is a nightmare to get on and off. Would a powder coat last longer?

3) Whats the best way to clean the engine, I used the Autoglym Engine cleaner and it has made the intake go milkey color (looks like Lime scale) , is it possible to restore it to its matt metal color?

1) Some APC solution and a detail brush, finish off with metal polish.

2) Not sure

3) I use APC and engine dressing.. APC keeps the colour of the components, just removes the dirt..Check below..

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?245161-Engine-Bay-Cleanup