The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wife said 'NO' to selling the Supra!!

SupraAyf

I was going to sell the car to make some room in the garage for my up and coming motorbike collection and the wifey said no!! She has got it in to her head that I am now the guardian of this Top Secret Supra and that it's my responsibility to look after it for future generations to come.:blink:

It seems that my wife is more passionate about cars than me. I'm going to have to build an extension for the bikes though.

Question: What are your partners views of your car - do they love them , hate them or simply tolerate them because they are part of you?

Edited by SupraAyf (see edit history)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All 3 to be honest. Most of the time she absolutely hates the car given the amount of money and time I spend on it yet spend little time actually in it. She sees it as a waste, and she is mostly correct to be honest. However, she does enjoy going out for a run in it and she does describe it as stunning so there is that flip side.

Also when I was almost made redundant I spoke about selling up but she was having none of it. She said that after all the time and money spent on that car that it would be the last thing to go and it would only be if we really needed to get rid.

Women are strange creatures aren't they :D

Only got my car last week so the gf hasn't seen much of it, but she likes it because 'its shiney' lol

Is it a short or long term relationship you have been in mate. If it's the first of the types then you will need to start looking for a new chick soon. It normally takes a woman 37.4 'full relationship days' before she realises what she has got herself involved in.

My girlfriend likes it. As above, she doesn't like the weekends she wastes watching tv 'cause I got stuff I need want to do to it. The speed scared her at first but she doesn't mind it so much now. Going over 120 leptons is "too much" though.

She also said she'll never let me sell it.

Is it a short or long term relationship you have been in mate. If it's the first of the types then you will need to start looking for a new chick soon. It normally takes a woman 37.4 'full relationship days' before she realises what she has got herself involved in.

I quite like how tkddav3 summed things up with the 'package deal' bit, I'll maybe have to use that after the 37.4 days of minimal questioning expire! But it's been nearly a year we've been together now and she was quite supportive of my last car.

If I keep the petrol and general maintenance bills to myself, will all be okay? :sly:

My mrs hates my car, she doesn't want to go in it, she worries when i'm out in it but she wouldn't want me to sell it!

I know this for a fact because we are looking at buying another property and my car also needs a new clutch!!

The 2k clutch money would pay for some work on the new house, but a car with no clutch isn't much use 'as she pointed out to me'.

The main reason we have been looking for a new property is space, at the moment we spend hours each week suffling vehicles around.

At the new place i've got loads of room even for the motorhome and trailer to be parked together ready for race weekends, along with a nice double garage for the supra to sleep in :)