The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tiptronic Kit for Auto Owners!!

Ryan.G

• 6 months later...
Good point there are major differences between the NA and TT autoboxes.. One thing is that the TT autobox has electronic line pressure control and the NA is cable controlled. The NA box only has 3 solenoid whereas the TT has 5, hmmm.

I have done in depth research into the TT auto box and how it's controlled for my own mappable controller. Just switching the solenoids with FETS and fly wheeling diodes isn't going to cut it I'm afraid.

Lyndon.

wasnt someone else looking into this too? im sure i noticed a post abit ago unless it was the same person

That would be me, however, mine is a little more than a paddle shifter, it allows you to remap the box and interfaces via can bus / RS232 to after market ecus and a rather neat TFT display system that will sit in the oem Instrument cluster replacing the speedo and rev counter. Speedo one is currently being made as we speak and will display full ecu telemetry from various ecus (Syvecs, Link G4/ViPec, Emerald K6 and Motec to name but a few). Interface is similar to bmw i-drive. The screens have full touch too but touch screens don't work when you wear gloves (like when racing). Besides which, how do you get to it when there is a lexan cover between you and it :D

GlennK has had my Syvecs prototypes running in his car for 18 months. They were not without issues but I never got the chance to fix them before I became sick. Still he will have the first prototype of the new colour version

It would be in the shops by now if it wasn't for my god damn Leukaemia :(

Lyndon.

Edited by Nodalmighty (see edit history)