The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RANT- I have had better weeks!

ripped_fear

This week has officially been one of my worst in a while, started off with news of my godfather being taken into hospital, for unkown reasons and im still not fully aware of the problem, apart from he has a build up of fluid in his legs and lungs, but the fluid in his lungs has begun to drain away. THANK GOD!

Then the supra decided that it wanted new rear brakes and they where to the point that it would have been dangerous to move the car so had no transport to work. After arranging alternative transport I ordered new ones and fitted them yesterday, and thought that would be the end to the small "shh shh" noise I have had on it since just before suprapod, but no new pads on and the PITA noise is still there, so getting her up on a ramp tommorow to see what I can find.

Then today on a drive with my girlfriend I managed to ground the car out, and have managed to scrape and put two cracks in my RMM lip :taped:

Im livid just want this week to be over!

Rant over

My "shh shh" noise turned out to be a wheel bearing.

this is what i thought mine may have been originally but i have since been told otherwise. But not sure, the only way to check a wheel bearing is to check for play the wheel correct? and if it was a bearing would it not get louder when turning to one side.

Shh Shh noise could be a slightly sticky caliper, or more likely the dust shield rubbing on part of the brake disc. I had a noise like that for ages and it drove me nuts till I eventually got fed up (I'm lazy so it can take a while) and pulled the wheel off. Quite quickly found out that the shield was just hitting a tiny bit of the disc where a bit of corrosion had formed.

Shh Shh noise could be a slightly sticky caliper, or more likely the dust shield rubbing on part of the brake disc. I had a noise like that for ages and it drove me nuts till I eventually got fed up (I'm lazy so it can take a while) and pulled the wheel off. Quite quickly found out that the shield was just hitting a tiny bit of the disc where a bit of corrosion had formed.

now im glad you said this as its 100% not the caliper BUT the shield rubbing you talk of is what my mate said who i fiitted the pads with and im going to get a proper look tomorow on the ramps. Thanks for your input I hope thats all it is :)