The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what supra to buy

Guest samsotech

Guest samsotech

hi everyone i have just joined , im looking to buy a supra twin turbo and have 10,000 to spend and a celica gt4 to trade in can anyone advise me on which to buy, ive heard the uk specs have better brakes and turbos as stock but my main question is manual or auto

cheers sam

Sell the GT4 and you will have enough for a UK TT 6 speed / Mint fresh Jap Import

The UK Spec - The holy grail named by some is TBH overpriced due to it being rare

I on the other hand would (with that kind of budget) speak to Jurgen on here and get a fresh import - you would get a mint one for that budget :)

Having a UK car with dildo's and Cream interior doesnt do it for me. Supra is a Jap car so buy Jap

welcome

Scotty

With your budget I would go Jspec TT6 all day.

I went for the tiptronic and to be quite honest it doesn't suit my driving style as I like to fly thought the twisties and be involved with the car. On a motorway run or sat in traffic it is a doddle but a TT6 will be more of a drivers car.

As said, speak to Jurgen and get a quality motor from Japan. You may have to wait 8 weeks or so but finding good cars in this country is difficult unless you find a decent members car. You could end up covering a lot of ground to find one in really decent knick.

Good luck with the search.

H.

what is the differnce between the uk turbos and jap and how much would it cost to put uk spec brakes on a jap spec

UK turbos have steel internals thus can take more boost 1.4 bar (safe estimate)

Jap turbos are steel/ceramic and can take 1.2 bar (safe estimate)

You want to be looking for a Jap TT6 Fully BPU with some extra goodies and with coming from japan might have some (nice rims and some aftermarket electronic play toys ;)

As Add states you could well have the funds for a single turbo but we are getting onto a different kettle of fish there.

How old are you and what RWD experiance do you have?

With that money available you want fresh import. 1st UK owner of a low miler TT6 :eyebrows:

Have a look at the classified section on here, there are a few very nice cars for your sort of budget and usually you would get a better deal, unless it was one of the guys who trade on here,where you would also get a good deal.

If you see one you like and its from somewhere else then put the info up on "supra chat" and you would get some advice.