The mkiv Supra Owners Club

APR rear wings really do work

Paul Whiffin

I ran my car up the strip with the wing attached, lighting the tyres up through 1st and 2nd gears as to be expected with 1200bhp and did a 141mph terminal speed which I thought was a bit low for the power the engine is currently putting out.

So I removed the APR rear wing, did a run and had wheel spin in 3rd gear, backed off. Did another run with the traction control turned up a bit higher, again it lit the tyres up in 3rd gear but I kept my foot in and stuck it into 4th gear, same again, lit the tyres up and sent it sideways at 130mph which was highly entertaining!

Next run I put the wing back on and I had no wheel spin in 3rd gear.

So proof is in the pudding, it works as you can see, without it my car would be undriveable. Anyone wanting more traction these do actually work.