The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Abs???

MR_TRD

Hi guys,

I have the '93 NA Supra standard motor with an Injen Induction and a De Graaff exhaust.

I want to go NA-T route.

My question is, do you guys recommend putting ABS onto the car? I have standard J-Spec brakes and i will do either a Rotora or an AP Racing brake upgrade.

Thanks,

Tony :search:

Tony, retrofitting ABS means, amongst other things, changing all the hubs.

I'm sure someone more knowledgable can give a full run down. Its just not worth the cost or hassle, and it would cost a fortune to ship.

Better off just spending money on a good brake set up.

UK spec brakes would be adequate for you, but again they weigh a fair bit with discs etc...

Have you looked into the reply I gave you for the bits you wanted?

May be over December so keep in touch.

Hi Supranature,

Yes i did look at your message thank you. Sorry, i've just been so busy, i will send you the pics soon hopefully, i will probably be sending the car for paint in the next month or so, so it would be better if you could dhl the various rubbers and so forth. But i will get you the pictures of the parts i need :D

@imi - Bro I would gladly buy a TT Supra anyday, the problem is that in South Africa there are about 5/6 legally registered Supra's. Three are TT's that were bought by Toyota Dealers and two are NA, one being mine and another being my mates NA which i think he bought from a forum member.

@Nic - sure no doubt, but if it is a such a costly venture then it would not be worth it, rather just do a brake upgrade and go from there.

Thanks for the replies guys.