The mkiv Supra Owners Club

FMIC kits?

Chris_k

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-SUPRA-2JZGTE-FRONT-MOUNT-TURBO-INTERCOOLER-KIT-/220826728374?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item336a4c77b6 I've just bought one of these on Monday turned up yesterday, looks decent quality as does the pipework and hoses, only thing is theres no mounting brackets with it, so I'm gonna have too make some. I'm gonna fit it today when I get in from work il post up how I get on

I have one of the japspeed kits - and I'm happy with it, quality seems fine and i've been running it for a few months with no problems (famous last words)

But I also had to mount it myself as only the pipes and intercooler came in my kit, I also continously check the bolts to make sure they are tight too. Probably something you should do with any intercooler pipework though.

I think there are issues with having the stock airbox with these kits. If you've got an induction kit then you'll be fine. One of the intercooler pipes cuts straight across where the stock airbox pipes run.

I ripped my old smic and airbox and installed this one, induction kit and cold air feed in about 4hours...watch those knuckles ;)

All finished not too bad took me 4hours I made two brackets too to mount it, the pipes are a good fit the couplings are a good fit too but! I didn't know that you don't get the throttle body coupler, tbh if I had the money, I would have went for the srd one because you get the bracketry, water bottle relocation kit and probably a throttle body coupler!!!!

I'm about to release my own "budget" FMIC kit, its going to be an exact copy of the now discontinued Greddy LS intercooler, when I say exact copy, its from the same manufacturer that used to make it for Greddy. Price should be around £300 + VAT as well!

Let me know if your interested.

Greddy Spec LS on mine, I paid around the same price as Paul is offering, well worth it for price, top quality...

Looks pretty, but you really need to add some ducting to that mate :) It's not going to do a very efficient job of cooling as it is
yeah I know mate just wanted too get it mounted and and the bumper back on so the paint didn't get damaged, what would you recommend? I have the intercooler plate, what else can be used

• 2 weeks later...