How do you use the Supra???

Geo

User or Admirer  

68 members have voted

1. 1. User or Admirer

• Use the car the way it should?
    • Pamper her like a Pansey???

Right,

How do yo use your Supra? These cars were made to be driven, are you the type of person who uses it the way it should be, or are you the type who washes it weekly, then the car does like 100miles a year??

For me, SRD built my car to my Spec, for me to use. And by that i mean the car does get a hard time, its the joy of modding and the joy of driving i suppose. :D

I couldn't be one of these people who just stick it in the Garage to admire, thats like going out with a Model and not nailing the life out of her.

So what are you??

Poll Added.....

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having to use it as a daily driver as my Fiesta went boom. I do love driving her and often go for a drive just for fun, just to thrash her round the roads when it's quiet (late at night ;)).

I keep her clean and wash her every week or two, but I do drive her as she should be driven.

:thumbs: it really is great bud, defo addictive going up the strip, you better have your build finished and problem free for next year then.....

I'm aiming for Spring mate. The way things are going I can't see there being any issues to be honest. I would be finished much sooner if I actually had everything I needed to fit lol.

I'm fortunate to only have a short drive to work. So I drive the car every day in all weather except from snow without putting millions of miles on it. I also hate washing my cars. So it's dirty most of the time :p

If the road is quiet. It gets a bit of stick. Otherwise I trundle arround at roughly the speed limit.

As long as I get where I'm going and look and sound good and enjoy the drive. It's all good :)

Hoping to turn my new small single into the ultimate comuting machine. Nice comfy interior with a nice sound. Not too loud so I can not wake the neighbours at 7am :)

Edited by Guigsy (see edit history)

This is a big problem for me. The car is not mint but in really good condition and I don't want it to get any worse. It had chrome Stern alloys on it so drving in winter is a no, no. I don't have a garage or any room to store a spare set of wheels etc, so we end up hardly drving the car and it spends most of it's time on the drive sat under a Stormforce 4.

To be honest, I prefer to admire it rather than drive it and it has made me wonder about getting rid or just getting a third car that we can abuse rather than cherish.

It's JAE next week and the car will get a decent run. I then can't see it getting much use until next summer.

H.

Mine is still my daily at the moment, but I am looking at a Pug 306 HDi Estate tomorrow to buy as a daily.

Then I will be looking to to get a Stormforce cover and she will be a weekend toy, hopefully going Na-T ot TT next year

The only reason I am going down the weekend toy route is the cost of Fuel and I am a bit of a perfectionist and can't get it resprayed after every winter

Mine in a sunny, dry day supra that does about 1000-1500 miles a year.

We have other vehicles to drive so it doesn't get out much but when it does I drive it like a one night stand.

Hard, fast throw it about a bit and get a little dirty with it. Then back home and treat it like the wife, lock it away and let it out in a few weeks.