The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Automotive Knowledge

Jata

I love to trawl through the project threads looking at what wondrous things people are doing with their Supras. However, I can't help but wonder how you acquire the knowledge to do these builds. The simpler things like changing wheels, exhausts, brakes etc I can understand but it's the full on engine builds I'm wondering about. I have to say I'd be very nervous about dismantling my car to such a degree. I know Google is your friend etc but there must be certain tips and wrinkles you only learn on the job. Perhaps the people taking on these builds are mechanics by day? I'm just curious really...

I guess it's as you say, people have a specific goal in mind before starting and do a lot of research. Just looking at the threads it's easy to assume people just know this stuff. I guess I have an awful lot of reading to do! :-)

I guess it's as you say, people have a specific goal in mind before starting and do a lot of research. Just looking at the threads it's easy to assume people just know this stuff. I guess I have an awful lot of reading to do! :-)

I guess just by reading how other people have done things and also the "How to" guides on here.

I've changed the exhaust, the radiator and the SMIC. I've got to fit a FCD and boost controller, but they look to be a bit harder to do. I'll still just give it a go though, there are some pretty decent guides on how to do it.

I guess just by reading how other people have done things and also the "How to" guides on here.

I've changed the exhaust, the radiator and the SMIC. I've got to fit a FCD and boost controller, but they look to be a bit harder to do. I'll still just give it a go though, there are some pretty decent guides on how to do it.

That's not how you did it though, you started a thread that went on for 12 pages to diagnose the colour of coolant :D

That's not how you did it though, you started a thread that went on for 12 pages to diagnose the colour of coolant :D

:yeahthat: :D

yep he will start another one soon maybe titled "which colour wire do I wire my boost controller to" just to get his 10000 posts in 18 months on another 10 page thread :blink: