The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cost of an NA-TT

LOGIE

Howdy could anyone who has been down the NA-TT route give me any info on getting it done, ie where did you get it done? cost of it? Ive pm'd and e-mailed keron at the end of last week but aint heard anything yet. I also got in touch with silverstone garage but the guy sounded very dissinterested especially when I told him I didnt have the parts myself i was hoping he could source the engine etc.

Many thanks in advance

Logie

you can build your own kit without the price tag as long as you get quality parts. theres an NA-T boostlogic manifold for sale in the sale section right this moment.

NA auto box won't hold more than the stock GTE engine's 280bhp so you wont be able to modify the engine much. manual NA is good for 350-400 (some reckon 450 depending where you read).

NA-TT is about 3k. That includes uprated clutch. 95mkiv is doing one in a few months, thats what he got quoted.

your intended power is the important, as you may need a different gearbox if you wish to go higher. what are you aims?

I was intending on just going NA-TT at first with TT autobox then depending on how much that cost (with new timing belt, waterpump,oil pump if needed), if any cash left over id maybe get BPU altough not in a hurry for that. Im aiming for a reliable 400bhp after bpu. How much would it cost me just to get the engine and autobox transplant done?

I was intending on just going NA-TT at first with TT autobox then depending on how much that cost (with new timing belt, waterpump,oil pump if needed), if any cash left over id maybe get BPU altough not in a hurry for that. Im aiming for a reliable 400bhp after bpu. How much would it cost me just to get the engine and autobox transplant done?

i think keron charges around £2500-3000 but best you ring him and talk to him about it

Sell the NA and buy a TT auto...can't be that much difference in price in this current market

Yeah I thought of that but im worried if i never had a supra between selling mine and buying the next id learn to do without... that i dont want.

Yeah I thought of that but im worried if i never had a supra between selling mine and buying the next id learn to do without... that i dont want.

Just get someone local to take you out in a 400 ish tt, that'll get your love back very quickly.

Sell the NA and buy a TT is my advice :)

I'd sell the NA and buy a TT if it were me. That way you'll stand a better chance of getting your money back should you ever sell. If you convert an NA to a TT, it won't make it worth the same amount as a genuine TT and would ultimately make the conversion dearer than a swap! If however you would rather convert your NA, it does sound like Keron is the man but I'd try and call him if I were you as he's terrible at returning PMs from my experience!! Perhaps he's too busy doing NA-TT conversions!! :)

if you want to stay auto your limit is around 300bhp.

to back this up a statement from other NA-T owners: http://forum.clubna-t.com/showthread.php?t=10785

a new tranny and engine conversion will cost more than its worth. the price of auto TT doesn't justify it mate, might as well sell up. maybe you would find someone who would do a PX if they are looking for something cheaper to run.

nope, this isnt the case im afraid. the auto NA is a weaker box than the manual NA, the auto TT is stronger than the w58 but not as strong as the 6spd.

they all have different diff's as well. the Auto TT diff is definilety different to the Manual TT, not 100% is the NA auto vs w58 diff is the same. not that this is even important as you wouldnt want to swap them anyway.

nope, this isnt the case im afraid. the auto NA is a weaker box than the manual NA, the auto TT is stronger than the w58 but not as strong as the 6spd.

they all have different diff's as well. the Auto TT diff is definilety different to the Manual TT, not 100% is the NA auto vs w58 diff is the same. not that this is even important as you wouldnt want to swap them anyway.

I'm only talking about the auto transmission. Take the manual out of the equation here.

The N/A and TT auto transmission, I thought were the same.

as far as i understood it they are different, i didnt think he understood i was saying they arent the same.

people reliably run BPU TT's all day long with auto's, yet anything over 350 on an NA auto its risky business, so they must be different as the reliability statements of these boxes are oppisite.

sorry mate i thought what i said made sense...

::Weakest::

- NA Auto

- NA Manual

- TT Auto

- TT Manual

::Strongest::

I looked it up. Both the N/A and TT use the A340E 4spd auto tranmission. There are only 3 transmission types with the MKIV (4 if you decide to split the V160/1).