The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finally a working speedo!

Stevo

Spent some time up at the ‘Shiny Bits Autos’ garage yesterday – otherwise known as Hodge’s :)

Top marks and big thanks as usual go to Hodge for sorting the issues I had with the car’s speedo and to Mrs Hodge for some lovely cream cake!

Not that long ago, the speedo was reading in something quite random – neither mph or Kmph and I’d just put up with this for a number of years using a GPS Road Angel instead. Envy had originally investigated the issue but with no success after having the car 8 weeks!

Well, a little while back Hodge diagnosed the problem in a matter of hours and a new speedo clock was installed which got me at least running in Kmph. After taking a little while for me to source a Thor convertor and delimiter, the job was finished yesterday lunchtime with the convertor installed. Over the moon now as I can finally ditch the wire from the ciggy lighter that powered the road angel and get shot of it from the windscreen (I don’t like clutter around the dash!) The above has also put an end to the Error 42 ‘Speed Sensor’ that kept showing up too.

All of the work was done to the same high standards as Hodge’s own build (nicely soldered joints, heatshrink wrap and some loom tape where needed) – extremely satisfying to know the qualtity/standard of work can be trusted to be done by someone local.

Very happy Soop owner! :D

Spent some time up at the ‘Shiny Bits Autos’ garage yesterday – otherwise known as Hodge’s :)

Top marks and big thanks as usual go to Hodge for sorting the issues I had with the car’s speedo and to Mrs Hodge for some lovely cream cake!

Not that long ago, the speedo was reading in something quite random – neither mph or Kmph and I’d just put up with this for a number of years using a GPS Road Angel instead. Envy had originally investigated the issue but with no success after having the car 8 weeks!

Well, a little while back Hodge diagnosed the problem in a matter of hours and a new speedo clock was installed which got me at least running in Kmph. After taking a little while for me to source a Thor convertor and delimiter, the job was finished yesterday lunchtime with the convertor installed. Over the moon now as I can finally ditch the wire from the ciggy lighter that powered the road angel and get shot of it from the windscreen (I don’t like clutter around the dash!) The above has also put an end to the Error 42 ‘Speed Sensor’ that kept showing up too.

All of the work was done to the same high standards as Hodge’s own build (nicely soldered joints, heatshrink wrap and some loom tape where needed) – extremely satisfying to know the qualtity/standard of work can be trusted to be done by someone local.

Very happy Soop owner! :D

Thanks for this Stevo, it's appreciated to be appreciated mate

Pleased you happy with it. My wife seriously CAN cook can't she lol.

I was quite impressed with the car when I test drove it. Engine was really healthy and very responsive. I was pretty envious to be honest lol. Shame were going to rip it out n put a TT lump in in the future mate:eyebrows:

Hope ya enjoyed the run out in mine too, it made me smile lol.

Nice one dude your work certainly is getting a name for itself as being the best there is I don't suppose you have a picture or wireing diagram for the Thor delimiter as I have to put one in my tt6 jap spec and have the unit itself just need pointing in the right directionany help much appreciated

Cheers dan

nice one dude your work certainly is getting a name for itself as being the best there is i don't suppose you have a picture or wireing diagram for the thor delimiter as i have to put one in my tt6 jap spec and have the unit itself just need pointing in the right directionany help much appreciated

cheers dan

:D