The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What made you buy a supra over other cars?

skyline1

Just curious of why you guys bought supra's over say skylines,rx7's , impreza's....everything?

i havnt bought one yet so cant answer it but i can with my skyline, bought the GTST because growwing up its the car i always wanted , can remember as a kid one driving past me spitting flames out and i thought one day im having one! love the shape of a skyline and the curves and rear lights with the after burner look! just ready for a change now me thinks.

back on topic what drawn you to supra's then?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For me the cars i wanted was either an rx8 rx7 or a 350z , now I seen the supra on eBay I bid on it, never thought I'd get it Then when the auction ended I was surprised that I had won it , but since driving it I have no regrets ! :D

I really want a supra but I can't find a decent one to swap for my car atm, I put way too much love in my teg, and all I see for sale is Supras with halfords wheels. Suppose the all the good ones are just kept by the real Supra enthusiasts :)

same here, thrown thousands at the skyline so not gonna settle for a turd but saying that ive still gotta sell my car.

I really want a supra but I can't find a decent one to swap for my car atm, I put way too much love in my teg, and all I see for sale is Supras with halfords wheels. Suppose the all the good ones are just kept by the real Supra enthusiasts :)

halfords are great their staff r so knowledgable

Just curious of why you guys bought supra's over say skylines,rx7's , impreza's....everything?

i havnt bought one yet so cant answer it but i can with my skyline, bought the GTST because growwing up its the car i always wanted , can remember as a kid one driving past me spitting flames out and i thought one day im having one! love the shape of a skyline and the curves and rear lights with the after burner look! just ready for a change now me thinks.

back on topic what drawn you to supra's then?

Pretty much the same as you really.... Growing up I would occasionally see one somewhere and would instantly fall in love with the shape and the sound of it and always dreamt of owning one one day. Didn't really know a great deal about what they were in those days but did know that they were right up there at top of the ivory tower along with the likes of the the Skyline. Then as i started to get old enough to own 'performance' cars I quickly learnt that they were in a category requiring you to have a full chest rug, industrial size medallion and gonads the size of footballs.... which made me want one even more.

I've also always wanted an RX-7 and a liner, but depending on how big your budget is when buying the car I think the Supra is easily 1st choice because of the build of the engine etc, which is what Dr Jekyll and Ricky touched on. Everyone knows the deal with the rotary engines and the liner engines too to a certain extent, thats why if you have the funds to go built engine then it's the only way to try to keep the car out of the garage and on the road as much as possible. My friend had a lovely R32 GTR which was a tad under 700bhp, but was built by Ron Kidell so was much more reliable.

When I left ford motor company i swore blind I would never buy another ford so I sold my sierra and bought a 2.8 supra and fell in love with then i got a mk3 n/a loved that as well then i bought 300zx rx7 mr2 celica but nothing compared to the supra so i bought a n/a loved that as much as all my other supras so eventually got a UK spec and still love it.

Having grown up in Canada ive always owned mustang, camaros, corvettes. And back when Getaway in Stockholm 2 Came out I saw the black one and fell in love. Never saw a mkiv in the flesh in North America they are very expensive there. Came to England and

was looking for a muscle car substitute and found mine for £2800. I will own a supra till the day I die :)

A local guy who used to own a hotel near me bought a red one from new, i used to see it out and about now and again and just loved the look of it.

I hadn't seen it about for a few years and then i found myself behind it one day while driving about in my wee Nova, i wound him up a bit and he booted it and i will always remember the noise, i thought i must get one of those one day.

Then that day came where i sold my mk2 golf and had cash around and went trawling through Pistonheads looking for something to jump out at me saying 'buy me'. I was then surprised to see i could buy a Supra.I decided to buy an n/a with intention to turbo it.

I found myself buying the one i have in Newcastle but ended up three years later all done up the way i want it but still with no turbo, but i still love it. I get itchy feet sometimes and toy with selling up but i dont know of anything that will fill the Supra hole which i would be left with.So she is staying for a while yet (hopefully turbo'd soon!)

I used to play the original Gran Turismo and I had a blue GTO with over 900BHP. It made me want a GTO. I was looking in Autotrader and found a MK3 Supra wrongly listed in with GTO's and thought it looked quite cool, so bought one instead (was a 3.0 n/a). Fell wildly in love with the car which was unfortunately written off just 6 months after I bought it. Went through quite a few MK3's (secretly longing for but unable to afford a MK4)... Then my ex bought a MK5 Cortina and hated it so I swapped my Supra for it (Please don't ask me why...). Ended up involved in the classic Ford scene for a few years. Time moved on and I had a 525i BMW (amazing car, miss it lots). Don't even know how I found Soopra for sale (Autotrader I think), did some research, realised it was very cheap so bought it...

At least the voices that kept saying "Supra" to me have stopped... they say "turbo" now instead!!