The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1jz-gte to 2jz-ge body plugs

leesupra12

Hi again,ive been searching the web for info and all i have come up with is this, could anybody tell me if im going in the right direction :rolleyes: .some how i can only get pin numbers for the supra plugs,and only colours for the soarer plugs,ive got the 93 mkiv supra body and a h-reg soarer engine,a little help would very much appreciated

thanks

SV202462.jpg

SV202464.jpg

SV202465.jpg

thanks for that buddy. :)

but do i need to track the wires from ecu to get the colours. and if so do you by any chance have the mkiv na1993 ecu with wire colours cuz i havent got the rest of the loom just the 2 body plug connectors.

i have got the car running off about 4 wires the 2 black/orange wires ign and injectors. and red/ black wire put straight power from the battery and it starts on the key. i put the fuel pump wire to the ignition wire.

Quite a bit when I think about it I suppose.

New fuel pump to be fitted, fuel lines plumbed in.

Cold filtered air feed and SMIC to be fitted and plumbed in.

Cooling system to be fitted and plumbed in.

Exhaust to be finished, connected.

TT ignitor pack to be found & fitted.

Adapting MKIV wiring to 1JZ systems where necessary.

NA tacho modification to recognise TT engine speed signal to be attempted

Oil pressure gauge, oil temperature sender & gauge, water temperature sender & gauge, fuel pressure gauge, boost pressure sender & gauge, electronic boost controller, air/fuel controller, air/fuel meter to be fitted. Some senders I fitted before the engine went in.

Engine oil cooler to be fitted and plumbed in.

FCD to be fitted.

Lots of other non 1JZ related bits to do as well, front lip, rear spoiler, brake parts, line lock, weight reduction.

Now, looking at the list, I'm depressed!

Edited by pedrosixfour (see edit history)

lol we will get there in the end. so to do the tacho i think someone told me bypass the resister on the tachometer. i need the second decat pipe the intercooler and these wires doing. do i need to change the fuel pump as the pump thats init is the same part number as the tt one. and i havent got a airflow meter wire on the harness so do i need to adapted that aswell .

Bypassing the resistor is the mod I'm trying anyway.

Depending on the age of the fuel pump it might be worth changing it for a new TT spec or an uprated one, like a Walbro 255lph like I did.

I'll have to get back to you on the airflow meter wire when I undoubtedly run into the same problem myself!

Here is what ive matched up so far..could anyone tell me wether its correct or not?

supra

Orange plug) Pin 2. Blue/Red,vehicle speed sensor, to go to Red/Blue, Ik1 plug

Orange plug) Pin 11. Pink,vehicle speed ecu, to go to Pink, speed, IJ2 plug

Orange plug) pin 15. Blue/Black engine warning light, to go to Blue/Yellow, Ik1 plug

Orange plug) pin 19 Yellow/Blue coolant temp gauge sensor,to go to Yellow/Green,Ik1 plug

Orange plug) pin 23 Yellow 12v ignition speed sensor/reverse light switch,to go to Yellow, speed sensor,IJ2 plug

Orange plug) pin 29 Black/White,tachometer,to go to Black, Ik1 plug

Orange plug) pin 32 Red/Yellow,idle up,to go to Red/Yellow IJ1 plug

Orange plug) pin 34 Yellow/Green charge warning light,to go to Yellow/Green,water temp gauge on Ik1 plug

Orange plug) pin 36 Red/Black,reverse gear selector,reverse light switch,to go to Red/Black,on Ik1 plug

supra

Grey plug) Black/Orange,12v ignition,injectors to go to Black/Orange,on soarer grey plug

Grey plug) Yellow/Black,oil pressure warning to go to soarer grey plug

Grey plug) Black/Orange 12v ignition,coil pack,ignitor,condensor to go to soarer grey plug

Grey plug) Main Red/Black,to battery direct

Also does anybody know what i do with these pins on the orange supra plug?

Pin 13) the Black/Orange ignition switch,

Pin 14) Power steering

Pin 24) ground

Pin 25) oil pressure warning

Pin 33) oil level warning

and also theses of the supra grey plug?

Pin 3) IDL throttle closed

Pin 5) shelding

pin 15) T,S

And then ive got,Ik1 blue wire which is AT switch,

IJ2 red wire,TPS,

hope this makes sense.The rest of the wires left over are my A,C wires and diagnostic wires,

but im not going to bother with the aircon.

Thats quite a reasonable rate for a man of his talents.

If I were in your situation bud (from what I can gather from your posts) I'd be handing this part of the conversion straight over to Ryan and let a man thats at this type of thing every day of the week sort it out in a fraction of the time that mere mortals like us could do it in.

Fair enough mate.

It just sounded like you were facing a total nightmare of a job and I'd rather eat the loom than go at it to the degree that you are!

But if you are nearly finished then fair dues to you, sorry I couldn't be of more assistance but I haven't had the misery you have had.

So far.............!