The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Syvecs vs HKS F-Con V Pro

Samurai 20V

Gents,

I have just found out that Syvecs has a dealer in South Africa... So that gives me 2 options for engine management..

I know that the Syvecs is doing wonderful things in some high powered Supras, but how does it stack up against the HKS?

My main purpose to fit management is to map to SA fuel (95 octane) for everyday use, and a high octane map as well for BPU use.

Eventually I should fit a single turbo so it would be required then...

Any opinions or comments?

Thanks..

ECU is more dependant on your mapper... choose mapper then ECU (IMHO)

As above really. It looks like the Syvecs is without a doubt the more capable / useful ECU, but without a competent mapper for it, it may be a complete waste of money for you over the HKS.

I'm sure Ryan would enjoy a jaunt to South Africa for a bit of sun and some mapping :)

I will see if I can convince him to go on holiday to SA... I am sure he can spare a few hours to map my little old Supra! :D

Thanks for all the replies, point is taken, mappers ability is key...

I have fairly good confidence in the HKS mapper, the Syvecs guys are new on the block... Will PM Ryan, maybe he knows abit about them...

Will also contact them directly and see what they have to say...

ECU is more dependant on your mapper... choose mapper then ECU (IMHO)

:yeahthat:

Both ECU's are only as good as who maps them. The F-con is a very capable ECU, I don't have any experience of the Syvecs but it is popular on here.

I'd choose which mapper has the most experience and who you have the most confidence in, I'd have an ask around the SA car forums before choosing.

:yeahthat:

Both ECU's are only as good as who maps them. The F-con is a very capable ECU, I don't have any experience of the Syvecs but it is popular on here.

I'd choose which mapper has the most experience and who you have the most confidence in, I'd have an ask around the SA car forums before choosing.

Thanks Nic..

The guys who are mapping the Syvecs are new, I had never heard of them...

The HKS mapper (NXGEN) have been around for a while, and their feedback on the FCON was concurred by Ryan G..

I will ask around but I doubt there are many cars running Syvecs in South Africa.. There are local systems (Gotech and Dicktator) which are popular due to cost and mappers knowledge..I fear these systems are too primitive to run on the Mkiv, many experience problems with them.

The German cars are all running OBDII software flash (FRC, CPi, Unitronics etc)...

I will put a post on our local magazine forum and see what they have to say...

The HKS mapper (NXGEN) have been around for a while, and their feedback on the FCON was concurred by Ryan G..

Only an approved HKS Pro dealer can map the F-Con, I'm not sure what the full requirements are to become an HKS Pro dealer these days (Dude or Muffleman maybe able to confirm), but in HK approved mappers are trained (in HK and Japan) by HKS's own Japanese engineers.

Only an approved HKS Pro dealer can map the F-Con, I'm not sure what the full requirements are to become an HKS Pro dealer these days (Dude or Muffleman maybe able to confirm), but in HK approved mappers are trained (in HK and Japan) by HKS's own Japanese engineers.

Well these guys are HKS authorised dealers, so I think they can be trusted!

I would go with HKS F Con from what your telling us.

HKS FCon can do all the stuff Syvecs offer from what i have read.

Syvecs i big on here because of Ryan being well known to the forum and his favourate ECU being Syvecs. I'm sure if his favourate was HKS Fcon then most peoples opinons would be the same also....

I would go with HKS F Con from what your telling us.

HKS FCon can do all the stuff Syvecs offer from what i have read.

Syvecs i big on here because of Ryan being well known to the forum and his favourate ECU being Syvecs. I'm sure if his favourate was HKS Fcon then most peoples opinons would be the same also....

I am leaning towards the HKS F-Con mainly because of the mappers reputation. If the Syvecs had a similary experienced mapper it would be a better buy I suppose, but as you have mentioned, the F-Con is a class product as well...

It can't be denied that the Syvecs and Ryan combo is doing great things with the tuning of high powered Supras on this forum, hence its popularity.. The key is Ryan is able to offer the high quality service, Jamies car speaks volumes for his skill..

In saying that I am trying to find out more on the mappers of the Syvecs in South Africa, best to research all avenues.

If you want to choose the best supported ECU in SA it has to be a Motec, I would say?

I am not sure Chris, Motec is not very popular at all were I come from (Durban).. In Johannesburg it may be the case, I need to research it..

I considered the HKS because it is popular on the Supra, as is the Syvecs, but it is clear that in my case I need to choose the mapper before the ECU.

I will check out the Motec, and Haltech for that matter and judge from there..