The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hey everyone. New and looking for a supra

Guest Costello

Guest Costello

Just want to say HI to everyone. Looking for a supra at the moment but decided to go for a non turbo model and keep my motorbike. Prices vary quite a Lot and have seen one with 60k miles but no service history at all. One problem is that it vibrates a lot just above tick over. Is this usual or not? Thought it could be just the exhaust.

Hi there

It shouldn't vibrate, my car with 132,000 miles doesn't, how do you know its done 60k if theres no history ? any more

info on this car ?

Have a look in the classifieds in here

There are plenty of NA's forsale so take your time finding a nice one thats been looked

after.

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

also has it got previous MOT certificates

If there is no history at all then the mileage on the clock isn't worth a squirt. Go for a car where at least you know where it has been and be reasonably sure that it hasn't been clocked. go off condition and take it for a thorough test drive. Make sure you hit motorway speeds aswell.

If the NA you looked at was a facelift then fooked engine mounts would be consistent with 60K miles. However, the lack of history would make me walk away.

H.

mine had about 110k on the clock and no history when i brought it and mine runs like a dream infact it sailed thought it MOT yesterday with no problems, key is don't rush into the 1st one you see and take a real good look around the engine bay for leaks ect...

And b4 everyone gets there pennys worth in about me buying one with no history it had loads of recipes all the old MOT and i took a mechanic with me also i had big plans for it which just haven't happened now, (just gonna buy a tt)

Guest Costello

I know the no service history isn't a good thing and also I remember a very faint gearbox or diff wine. Sounded like a straight cut gearbox sounds like. Don't know if they do wine or not. I would have stayed away from it but it had the splitter that came down and it reminded me of the film taxi lol. Think I will get over that and look for another.

Cheers for the info