The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Turbo problems cured

markssupra

After spending hours changing VSV's and their connectors to find why 2nd turbo not was not working, I gave up and took it Paul Whiffin. Darren found the problem staight away. The front rubber pipe that connects to the intake of the first turbo had bubbled inside and closed the hole down to the size of a 50p. On the way home home boost was back up to 1.2 bar and felt so much quicker.

Only problem now is the crank pulley, just found it sitting on the undertray with the belt still wrapped round whats left of the pulley :blink: Don't know when that came off.

After reading a few posts I will go for stock, but anyone know where I can get one quick. Low mileage used will do for now or new one if poss. Why now with JAE looming :rolleyes:

glad its boosting back at 1.2bar dude. Darren is pretty fast at solving supra problems. :D

Lucky with the Crank Pulley, we had TonyTT's car do the exact same thing with the belt riding on the inner pulley with the outer pulley lying on the undertray, still no idea how the belt stayed on.

Replace it with a brand new stock one from Paul Whiffin, he has them in stock. :D think there about £300 delivered

After spending hours changing VSV's and their connectors to find why 2nd turbo not was not working, I gave up and took it Paul Whiffin. Darren found the problem staight away. The front rubber pipe that connects to the intake of the first turbo had bubbled inside and closed the hole down to the size of a 50p.

Ive never thought about that, and I know exactly what bit youre on about. Glad its sorted though :)

Ive never thought about that, and I know exactly what bit youre on about. Glad its sorted though :)

Thanks mate, me too.

I thought it was a bad connection somewhere between ECU and the VSV's because it was intermittant. That's why I changed all the connectors on the VSV's and vac pipes. Didn't think a restriction on the first turbo would stop the second from coming online. Now I know, probably wont have the problem again :)