The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hey everyone............... i want a RZ single or TT

Guest ELD

hey all

im new to this site so please bare with me.

im in the Armed forces and im on tour till christmas so i have time to find a supra and will have enough money when i get back, if any one has any advice on buying a RZ

(TT or single turbo) that will be very much appreciated.

bit of back ground on my car now

i currently own a very light weight mk1 ford focus i use up castle combe (when i get chance)and i love the car very much as it is cheap and easy to fix and is a good laugh round the track just lacks big power, but over the recent years ive taken a liking to rwd cars. ive tried 4wd off road and on road aka evo's and scoobys and its just not me.

so ive fallen in love with the supra, and its just a matter of time before im back then im looking to buy a supra.

any help will be most usefull thanks

ELD

If it's being used primarily for track use and a bit of weekend fun I would buy a facelift bpu 6 speed for around £10k, and then invest some money into brakes, suspension, tyres and maybe a cage. It would be in theory more reliable than a single, and less harsh on the pocket, however singles are ALOT of fun, where areyou based by the way?

If it's being used primarily for track use and a bit of weekend fun I would buy a facelift bpu 6 speed for around £10k, and then invest some money into brakes, suspension, tyres and maybe a cage. It would be in theory more reliable than a single, and less harsh on the pocket, however singles are ALOT of fun, where areyou based by the way?
I'd go this route too, though remember won't be cheap fix like the Focus! :D

Welcome to the club too.

portsmouth based. cheerz guys i was thinking of maybe using it on track now and again, but really use it as a fast street car, when ever im back on leave. ive not been for a drive in supra yet sat in them but never known any one who would take us out for a spin in it. so im open to ethier a TT or single

It's just weather you want 400ish hp or upwards of 550hp?? You should really try and a get q passenger ride in them to see what you like, singles are a handful, but to me' just feels how they should be. On the other hand I go in a friends bpu tt and think Christ that's so smooth and torquey low down....

Definitely get a ride out in a tt and a single as there like chalk and cheese, tt horse power stops at a max of 450

which is pretty impressive until you try a single with a modest 650 which to be honest is stupidly quick, then after that

its pretty insane and the numbers are kind of irrelevant.

Welcome, with your budget I would go for a single turbo if I were you, most people seem to start off saying a tt is fast enough for them, then get bored and go BPU and say thats fast enough for them, then eventually it becomes the norm, and they seek further power, it'll work out cheaper to buy a single setup ready done, than to buy a stock car and convert it yourself but you need to know what has gone into the build before you buy it (receipts, quality/trusted components used etc). As suggested, you really need to test drive or at least have a ride in both. There's a wealth of knowledge on the single turbo subject on here (i'm not one of them), who i'm sure will be happy to answer any questions you have.

Welcome, with your budget I would go for a single turbo if I were you, most people seem to start off saying a tt is fast enough for them, then get bored and go BPU and say thats fast enough for them, then eventually it becomes the norm, and they seek further power, it'll work out cheaper to buy a single setup ready done, than to buy a stock car and convert it yourself but you need to know what has gone into the build before you buy it (receipts, quality/trusted components used etc). As suggested, you really need to test drive or at least have a ride in both. There's a wealth of knowledge on the single turbo subject on here (i'm not one of them), who i'm sure will be happy to answer any questions you have.

Might be worth also noting the OP's current car is a MK1 Focus, although buying a single can be cheaper to buy built it could be a whole different story how it ends up.

Might be worth also noting the OP's current car is a MK1 Focus, although buying a single can be cheaper to buy built it could be a whole different story how it ends up.

Thats a very good point, especially if buying in the winter months, supra's aren't the best cars to be learning to drive in snow and icy conditions.