The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is this the right diff for my car?

Samurai 20V

Gents,

I have a 1994 RZ TT6, which has the big diff, with the cooling fins on the casing..

I was under the impression that the 1996 onwards (facelift) RZ TT6 has the casing without the cooling fins, but after reading this on Supraforums I am confused..

RZ 6-spd 93-5/96 (V160)---- 3.266:1, LSD standard, big diff, big flange, cooling 'ears' on diff cover, Code B03B

RZ, RZ-S 6-spd 6/96-2002 (V161)---- 3.266:1, LSD standard small diff, big flange, cooling 'ears' on diff cover**** Code A03B

Is this the right diff for my car? The ad says that is for a Getrag box, but not the year model. I thought the way to tell the big diff was the cooling fins/ears, but according to the Supraforums not?

Thanks for your help..

I'm pretty sure the one you pictures is the "pre-facelift" big diff as the diff is offset. The letter at the start of the diff code dictates if it is the large or small casing (B being large, A being small).

There isn't a specific year/month cutover for the diff due to the "crossover" issues, however the easy way to tell is if the car the diff came from had a v160 or v161 gearbox. All v160 TT's had the large B diff, the v161's and every other model has the A diff.

Can't say I've ever seen the A03B with the bif rear cooling plate, but someone on here with a v161 TT should be able to easily confirm

I'm pretty sure the one you pictures is the "pre-facelift" big diff as the diff is offset. The letter at the start of the diff code dictates if it is the large or small casing (B being large, A being small).

There isn't a specific year/month cutover for the diff due to the "crossover" issues, however the easy way to tell is if the car the diff came from had a v160 or v161 gearbox. All v160 TT's had the large B diff, the v161's and every other model has the A diff.

Can't say I've ever seen the A03B with the bif rear cooling plate, but someone on here with a v161 TT should be able to easily confirm

Thanks Homer, that was my understanding as well...

I think the info on Supraforums is not correct..

Can anybody with a V161 Getrag confirm if their car has the cooling fins as well?