What to get??

Soonto_HAS_soop

What Should I get???  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What Should I get???

• Trust SMIC
    • 650cc Injectors
    • 800cc Injectors

Right, I've gone in for the Emanage group buy with Termi (will send the money mate as soon as it clears into my account! :thumbs: ) and my next question is that I'm torn between the next mod to complement the new piggyback system.

First option is 650/800cc injectors to fit the standard rail (ok 800 might be overkill, but I'm thinking long term here). To be managed by the new emanage.

Second is that I still have the standard SMIC, I don't want an FMIC, so was looking at the Trust (Greddy) SMIC 4 row, thinkk Branners has this one.

So my question is, what to go for, my gut is telling me to go for the SMIC, but I just cannot make my mind up as they are both the same sort of price. I'm wondering if it's just the pub talk possibility of the bigger injectors that is swaying me that way.

Thoughts please guys.

Ben..

First if you want a replacement SMIC, I would go for a Chris Wilson one rather than a Trust one.

Otherwise it depends on what your future goals are. On stock turbos there won't be any need for bigger injectors. You'll get by with a Walbro fuel pump and possibly a fuel pressure regulator of some sort (Aeromotive or FSE). Then you can turn up the pressure a bit if required - that should be plenty of fuel for stock turbos and probably hybrids too.

If you're going to go for a single in the future, or hybrids then you might be better off with some biger injectors - 650s should be fine I would have thought. You're going to need a FMIC really though I would have thought at least, possibly water injection too.

Originally posted by SimonB

First if you want a replacement SMIC, I would go for a Chris Wilson one rather than a Trust one.

Yes but the Trust 4 row is bigger than CW's replacement one, and I can also get it cheaper than CW's.

My main concern is that I'm running standard 440cc injectors (standard J-Specs). Is getting the Emanage and using 440's a bit of a waste of time as the injectors will be pretty much maxed out, therefore better to get bigger injectors and then not play with the boost too much. Or get the SMIC and then up the boost a little with the possible problem of over stressing the injectors?

Hhhhhmmmmm, 650's are seeming a better first off buy at the moment.

Ben..

Ben, I was running 440cc injectors with the e-manage fitted for about a year and the car made 429hp on the dyno. The fueling was fine but I did have an uprated pump and adjustable fuel pressure regulator fitted along with the e-manage. It use to run slightly rich if anything, on overrun I would get back fire and flame out the exhaust.

If it was me I'd get a FMIC and new pump/regulator, and then fit the bigger injectors later when money allows.

Originally posted by Nic

If it was me I'd get a FMIC and new pump/regulator, and then fit the bigger injectors later when money allows.

I already have a walbro and an FSE (gonna upgrade to an different pressure regulator at some point), I don't want an FMIC for heat issues (please no one make this a discussion about heat etc) and also as the SMIC can be left without telling my insurance company.

Ben..

Fit the e-manage and then tune for the boost you want. Monitor the inlet temps, and the fuelling. If the fuelling presents a problem before the inlet temps do (Which unless youre SMIC is knackered, I think it will), then get injectors. If the inlet temp is high then go SMIC.

If you search on the net you'll be able to find some way of calculating what size injectors you want for a particular horsepower. I would go for as small as possible, yet as large as necessary, whether that be 650's or 800's is down to what horsepower you want.

I've been told that going overly large on injectors can cause problems trying to get a nice idle.

Hope that helps

Tony