The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JakeG's SSI Single Turbo Build and Respray

JakeG

Well finally im going to get a thread started about my project, so heres whats going on, i own a 1996 SZ in pretty poor condition at the minute, although it was considerably worse when i bought it, im going to put pics up later from when i first bought the car and how it looks now, Im going to be getting a TT lump to put in it soon, first im going to be stripping the car ready for its respray, im still waiting on a sample colour arriving from house of kolor so when it arrives I will get a pic up of it :D engine power wise im looking for around 500+ with a small single setup to start off with just untill I get used to it, gearbox will be a v161 6speed, im not yet sure about specific parts im using like make of turbo etc but im hoping i will get some help from you guys with these and ofcourse collin at SSI will be guiding me along too :D Once i get on my laptop later I get a few pics up and more info, look forward to your help

Edited by JakeG
update (see edit history)

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah you're going NA/T - I thought you were going for a single turbo conversion on a TT engine! 500bhp is a big number on that engine. Good luck with it.

Don't forget to upload the pics to this site if you'd like this moving into the projects section :)

I'm doing it on a TT mate, I mentioned getting a TT lump in first post :D

good luck bud, 500 ponies is alot of power, and you will get used to it very very quickly, if you can afford it, aim for more power with a 6 speed, this will save you a shed load later as you will no doubt want more power. :D

Keep the pics coming as you go :D

Right so this is it when i first picked it up

pretty standard nothing special, HKS super dragger system and horrible alloys lol

Before i even bought the car i had bought this about a month before along with a TRD wing, so here they are when i prepped, painted and fitted them

I then wet sanded and compounded the whole car

Next up i needed to get rid of my fish bowls

Replaced for some Glass ones :D

During all the above process i had bought and fitted a bomex front bumper, I think the next thing i done was drive to Newcastle and pick up a TRD bonnet from bosco which Hodge fitted for me, when i was there i dropped of my Trial rear as i sold it to wilkorangerover over there who would collect it later(Regret selling it now)

Awiating boat home in Stranrae