The mkiv Supra Owners Club

EManage support tool cable

SimonB

I could do with a favour from someone who has an Emanage and the support tool data cable. I just installed my Emanage along with my Profec E01 boost controller, which has a feature to update the firmware on the Emanage before you can use it. It looks like the version on my Profec is a bit dodgy, because after downloading it to the Emanage the activity light flashes red-orange-green continuously and no longer works. I think it's in limp home mode.

Anyway, I think what I need to do is download the latest firmware to the Emanage from a laptop, which will hopefully sort it out. I haven't got the support tool cable though, is there someone that can lend me theirs so I can update the firmware?

Unfortunately not, it has a chip in one end. I think they did it to stop people using any old cable and copying the software. You have to buy the support tool which comes with the cable. I've found a couple of guys making clone cables now - one direct replacement and one USB-USB jobby (if you try and use a normal USB-USB it blows up the Emanage, so best not to try that one!). I've ordered one of the USB-USB ones in case I need to do anything like this again.