The mkiv Supra Owners Club

selling abroad help

supra_si

im having a slight problem, the guyy is coming on friday and he has asked for the chassis number so he can get insurance, it does sound a bit weird as i have never had to give them my chassis number to get insured before. Im reluctant to give it out due to potential cloning.

i may be a little too protective but i have never dealt with foreign buyers before.

also i am reluctant to hand over the keys until the money has cleared into my bank account. How did you guys take payment from foreign buyers?

good point imi but i guess im just protecting the supra community by not letting it be cloned

well ive asked it for cash or bank transfer but the by wire could take time and if he likes it he wants it there and then, he wants to get insured on it before he arrives, that is a little presumptious on his part. i have given him everything he has asked for barr the chassis number

good point imi but i guess im just protecting the supra community by not letting it be cloned

well ive asked it for cash or bank transfer but the by wire could take time and if he likes it he wants it there and then, he wants to get insured on it before he arrives, that is a little presumptious on his part. i have given him everything he has asked for barr the chassis number

Chaps transfer or ISBN transfer is pretty much instant (ish) - within a few mins I believe.

imi

i wonder if he could do a chaps online though or could he go into a bank and pay on his card by chaps to me

god damn im useless...

for international transfers you will need to give him your bank accounts ISBN number, when the transfer is done you can call your bank and confirm that the funds have been received and cleared.

Like Chris says - Cash is king and depositing it in the bank there and then in person.

imi

ok i will have to let him know cash only then, he was wondering if banks would take euros as he was banging on about being charged to exchange his euros

with any branch you will have to notify them in advance that you (or he) is bringing a certain amount of money (especially foreign currency).

He needs the chassinr to get the car insured since your licens plate is worth nothing in holland. Its been said before, why go trough the hassle to rip someone of in another contry. It just would not be worth it. ive bought mine from Mustang it was a hassle free deal both ways. we talked on skype,phone trough the forums we built up a great confidence for etchother. i ended up paying for the car before i even left sweden think he had it like 2 days before i even was due to meet him in Scotland.

Don't get me wrong one should be carfull but you might also honestly scare people off. if i was to buy your car and you diden't want to give me the chassi number.. i would think you was going to hassle me, selling a stolen car or whatever. think about it.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=57.729258,11.786144

Edited by Hellstrom (see edit history)

Well i made verry well sure how the condition of the car was. Mustang/John is verry kind and easygoing and took like 20-30 pictures of the bad parts he knew about. pictures under the car etc. i knew before i even saw the car IRL what was dented not 100% etc. like i said we had super good contact during the whole sell. if you are not upfront with this guy and dont tell him about the bad bits etc he might be pissed off, i know i would. doing a deal like this kinda needs to be 100 truthfull both ways.

About the insurence. in most of europe one insure the Car, not the actuall driver. in sweden anyone can drive my car with the insurence since it stands on the car not the person. hence we need to identify the car some way and Chassinumber is the only way.

aslo if he is confident he want the car its not verry easy to set up the whole insurence during the day of buying. calling home and what not hence doing it before is the way to go.

aslo i would not recomand anyone to do a cash sale or buy a car for cash since if you bring cash. there is always the robbery risk. fraud money etc. and for the buyer if you deciede to rip him off there is no evidence that you actually have gotten the money. hence using a bank transfer is the way to go. atleast thats what i think.

well to be honest its an 18 year old car, if it was perfect id would be suspicious, i have warned him about the small area of the rear window seal. he has seen many pictures but seems adament that he will buy it.

if he thinks that he will get it much cheaper than advertised then he is wasting his time and i have told him this. he said we can discuss it, i said dont bother as i told him the lowest price i can go for.

he can go home empty handed for all i care, i actually dont want to sell it, its just practibility reasons with new house and wedding to pay for.