The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone know where this will fit?

freeland

Yea, it looks like some kind of immobiliser. But the thing is, I bought the car from a company in UK, who sold it for a lady. I never saw the seller, only the company selling it. Hmm.. I tried to look for the keypoint.. but with no luck. Now my alarm is goin off all the time because of the battery. Any ideas where it can be? im stuck. :rolleyes:

i looked for it but cant seem to find any place around the dash/ign key. Any "typical" place to have it? Its an original Toyota alarm.

You have looked in the engine bay, next to the alarm siren I take it? The key often goes into the siren itself.

Yea, it looks like some kind of immobiliser. But the thing is, I bought the car from a company in UK, who sold it for a lady. I never saw the seller, only the company selling it. Hmm.. I tried to look for the keypoint.. but with no luck. Now my alarm is goin off all the time because of the battery. Any ideas where it can be? im stuck. :rolleyes:

They sold you the car for a lady, surely that is human trafficking? :D

As Scott said have a look in the engine bay next to the alarm unit/siren.

Have a good look inside the car too, not sure on the Toyota one but most aftermarket ones are located somewhere near the dash & are needed to be touched on the metal contacts before you can start the car.

removed the cover .. but seems like the siren is deeper inside the panels/trim. Yes, first time ive ever seen the siren INSIDE the car. this is going to be fun.. was looking forward to take out my car to Japmeet.. now its more like mechanicmeet on monday.. :blink:

Still cant find the place for the immobiliser inside the car or the engine bay..

sirens inside the car is common ,screamers i think is the term.The idea is to make it painfull for a thief to be in the car with it going off.Usually there is an outside one aswell though.They will always be in such a place that makes it hard to get to .It does look like a disarming key ,have you searched for a small port around the bulk head area or on the inner wing.