The mkiv Supra Owners Club

nissan skyline engine

dubz

i dnt meen to be a pain but i was looking at the 1jz engines and they much cheaper to buy but when it comes to fitting one is it as simple as fitting a 2jz engine

Even the 1JZ is a better engine than the RB26 IMO.

There a lot cheaper than a 2JZ.

i dnt meen to be a pain but i was looking at the 1jz engines and they much cheaper to buy but when it comes to fitting one is it as simple as fitting a 2jz engine

Its not difficult if your handy with electrics as you will need to do some wiring to the 1JZ engine loom to make it run and work with the rest of the original loom. You may need to change the sump as well but that's not a hard task.

Hang on, you wanted to put the RB in instead of the JZ GTE because it was cheaper? I had to read that twice to make sure I wasnt seeing things :blink:

The ebay belt kits are also cheaper though. Long term savings.

These things just crowbar in and work anyway. Couple of decent fixings and it'll be good to go.

They're both good engines in there own right, I would say that the 2JZ is a new design and has a heavier and stiffer crank and block. Although from a driving point of view I do enjoy the high revving ability of my RB. Just IMO :)

Heavier duty, though the engine itself is lighter than the RB IIRC.