The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Difference between 154 and w58 gearboxes (just curious).

hodge

One of the drift cars over here has r154 box in it 3 years now, running around 600hp, never had an issue with it, he actually had a spare one incase anything went wrong but sold it, I'm putting an r154 box in my car, sleeve fitment instead of bolt fitment to the drive shaft iirc

As other have mentioned, the R154 is a MUCH stronger box. There are some significant differences in the gearing, the r154 being a long geared box so be careful you know how the ratio's will play out before fitting. I can provide data on that if you need more information about the ratio's.

I must like slow cars :)

I wasn't implying your car is slow but with the lack of turbo, going off your build thread, and the length of the gears its will take ages to get up to speed. I also hope your internals are strong enough to turn 10k if that is what your planning.

IMO, the whole point of a project thread is to share ideas with other members. I consider it an honor that people use my ideas, so to say I'm not putting details in a project thread cos people steal ideas is ridiculous. If that's the case and you don't want anyone to know what's going on, dont update the thread and have it removed. Simples.