The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ebay Shortshifters

Guest kenblockseal

Guest kenblockseal

Hi, I have one of these to assemble, and it came without instructions, Ive compared it to the stock shifter and cant figure out how it goes together properly.

I emailed the seller and asked for instructions and he advised posting on here as hes sold loads and never had a problem with them.

Does anyone else have one and assembled it themselves ?

Cheers,

Kenny.

If they fitted the thin rubber anti vibration pad they seem to go dry and stiff, leave it out. I have had a few cars where these things fall apart, too, so maybe best to take it right off and have a close look at it. Personally I think the MKIV is nicer with a LONGER gear lever, I did one for someone years ago, and made the gearbox feel a lot nicer, albeit with a longer throw.

That's what was said on Hodge's thread about a week ago.

Also if you search for "short shifter" the thread by Guigsy from like a week ago (you need better searching skills :p) gives problems and issues with them that people have had (no 2nd or 4th, hard to get into gear etc.).

Hope that helps!

Edited by Josh (see edit history)

I have a B&M short shifter and I'm not impressed to be honest. It's great for about 30mins and I like the shifting. But after 30 mins the shifter goes stiff. When in neutral it won't wiggle from side to side easily.if I push it over it gets so stiff it won return back to centre. It's not a big issue but it's not as it should be.

It's not hard to go into gear Nic just when it's in neutral it doesn't spring back to to centre when the cars warm. Think the best way to check if it's the box or shifter is to loosen the shifter off at the ball n see if it moves. I'm certain it's a shifter issue. Because of the heat. It's just a poor quality shifter. My mate has a GT4 with the same shifter and has the same issues.