The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cracking club spirit (Mark, Ricky, Jamie, Lee, Nancy, Dude)

Jamesy

Just wanted to say what a top class community this is....

...after the absolute horror show of a day i had at Suprapod i have been encourage by all my mates this week.

Firsly Mark Newman offered me his stock box and TC for nothing, then Jamie was kind enough to grab it from Reading and bring back to his place.

Dude has been great offering advice on uprated boxes on the blower.

Ricky then got it the rest of the way back to SRD for me, and Lee has been no end of help on the phone all week. Not to mention Lee and Nancy both waiting for around 8hours with me Sat night for someone, anyone, to tow the car home....complete with getting me extra fags and a KFC!!!

Gonna whack the stock box in to get mobile again, then send the BL box off to a specialst for a rebuild, will be asking for advice on here for what bits we can uprate to handle the power im putting through it)

Thanks a lot guys :hi:

(love fest over, time for the pub!!)

There is a as new BL box for sale on here for 1500 would that be cheaper/ quicker

Not for that price unfortunately

I can get mine rebuilt and TC flushed through for less and then it'll all be new. Im also wanting to get things like the 2nd gear sprag and clutch uprated to handle the power easier.

Wish I could have helped on the out from SupraPod dude, me & my mate were talking about it on the way home. I told him the following day what time you got back! Was nice to meet you too & as Jamie said we are a family so happy to help you out (that will be making the tea then).

:)

If/when it goes bang again, then will you stick a 6 speed in?

:p

After a big rethink I am now prob now going to change from 6 speed to auto, prob the only one to convert auto to 6 speed and back to auto !!!! Jamesy, you deserve a bit of luck and help mate, good to see everyone pitching in and im sure it will soon be sorted.

Not for that price unfortunately

I can get mine rebuilt and TC flushed through for less and then it'll all be new. Im also wanting to get things like the 2nd gear sprag and clutch uprated to handle the power easier.

Thats exactly what I have just had done , but dont expect either cheap or quick -it took 3 months to get the sprag !

After a big rethink I am now prob now going to change from 6 speed to auto, prob the only one to convert auto to 6 speed and back to auto !!!! Jamesy, you deserve a bit of luck and help mate, good to see everyone pitching in and im sure it will soon be sorted.

Thanks John, has been a testing time :)

What auto you going for mate, swap *cough cough* swap :D

Im planning on a 9month turn around mate in time for start of next summer :)

FYI , the billet sprag is a tight fit and more clearance was needed to prevent jamming - the billet part is welded to the geared part and any slight offset will alter the clearance

FYI , the billet sprag is a tight fit and more clearance was needed to prevent jamming - the billet part is welded to the geared part and any slight offset will alter the clearance

Thanks. Is it a lot stronger than the usual sprag BL fit? Will it allow manual changes?

Anythig else that can be uprated to handle 700ftlbs better?

Should be stronger its a hybrid -billet toyota part with a yank gearbox part welded to it - at the end of the day 700ft lb it a lot, somethings got to give !! same with the manual box users - how long will the clutch last ? sniff,sniff thats the smell of burning cash -lol