The mkiv Supra Owners Club

20 Inch alloys

Guest bubble

Guest bubble

Has anyone here fitted 20's to their car? If so was any arch work required?

I have seen some 20's on 245/35/20 tires.

Also i have jap spec brake calipers, the offset is ET35 any clues as to whether this will clear them.

Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks

Nick

Hi

I have 19s and it lowered on Eibachs, ride is not bad on smooth roads but hit the bumps and you will know it, also handling on rougher roads is not too great :)

Therefore i dont think 20s will be for you if you want the Sup as a 'drivers' car, if you just want it to look really bling then go for it :)

Have seen a few on 20s but not many, think the cost of tyres, alloys etc puts people off :)

Are you planning to replace the shocks with jam as well to really make sure you screw the handling up? ;)

20's will go on and it has been done, I suspect if you pick the right width wheel, correct offset and go for ultra low profile tyres you'll have no need to mess with the arches. (Maybe 10.5x20" ET51 rear and 9.5x20" ET48 front?)

20 rears and 19 fronts seem to be a more 'sensible' compromise - Supraforums.com is probably the place to find out more about 20's I reckon.

Two weeks in Cyprus in the sun then I'm back with the lovely British weather.

I like the pink colour although it does flip blue in the sun :D

20 Inch will fit nice and snuggly and yes the 20 inch wheels give you a bit of a hard ride but

:devil:

hey whos complaining:D

And who says size doesnt matter:devil: First time I have heard a man say that?

Mandy

Originally posted by The Pink Lady

Two weeks in Cyprus in the sun then I'm back with the lovely British weather.

I like the pink colour although it does flip blue in the sun :D

20 Inch will fit nice and snuggly and yes the 20 inch wheels give you a bit of a hard ride but

:devil:

hey whos complaining:D

And who says size doesnt matter:devil: First time I have heard a man say that?

Mandy

some tool was taking p*ss out of your car on gtr board

you sure wont forget seeing a pink supra. my astra is going pink in the sun.

Originally posted by Rob

A lot of people have criticised your car, myself included, but that pic really shows off the colour, it's stunning.

Also reminds me of Thunderbirds (the original one)

LMAO, I am still trying to work out if that is a compliment or an insult??

And monkey, your astra is more brown with rust mate (the bits left on it anyway).

But I tell you what.....never has there been a better sight to behold than monkey's tea wagon on a cold morning!!!!

I am dredding the day when he starts turning up in the supra and there is no tea available :(

Originally posted by stealthhosts

But I tell you what.....never has there been a better sight to behold than monkey's tea wagon on a cold morning!!!!

I am dredding the day when he starts turning up in the supra and there is no tea available :(

its ok i have an inbuilt coffee machine. took all the ice out and decided to go with in dash coffee maker. i will have tea in my twin nos bottle set up in the boot. i would sooner have a coffee on the start line than listen to music

BTW 17" wheels look good

15" wheels are the new euro look supra

"just say no to big wheels"

even wagaon wheels are small now. when you were a kid they took 2 hands to hold them. now they like flying saucers (the eating kind) not the ones with aliens inside