The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Think im done.

The Raven

I had to take my son and dog out today, The Mrs had the family car at work. Needless to say a 3 year old and mastiff arnt going to fit well in a supra. Ive known for a little while that my car is a pain when the shes not around and i have to look after them.

So im coming to terms that once my engine is in and running well i will have to sell up and buy a 4 door (proabably Evo)

Ive had 3 supras and loved every second of owning them they are by far the most reliable, head turning, modable cars ive ever owned.

:(

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't you buy a runaround to use when the family car isn't about?

I did think about doing just that, however i also have a work van. Sods law says its a transit. So i cant even get the boy and dog in there if needs be. So i would then need 3 cars (moted, taxed, insured).

but you would only tax/insure/mot 2? or do you have to pay for your works van... is it your own business? i run two cars. every penny I save driving my diesel is another mile to fly in the supra.

yeah its my company, so i have to pay for the van, The supra is a toy.

sometimes something's gotta give me, i know alot of people that have had to do the same. have you calculated the cost of a third car? trade insurance might be cheaper but then i spose that would only consume 2 cars outside of companies reach.

probably grasping at scraws, just feel for you mate there must be another way. what about getting a supra trailer ? :D

How about spending a bit on the van. If it hasn't got a bulkhead you could fit some ex minibus seats in the back (dirt cheap if you know where to go). No idea what your business is or what size van you have but otherwise I would suggest you upgrade the van - Mercedes Vito vans (and others) can come like this as standard and are a great van I think (I have a Sprinter) and can be quite car-like. The advantage is this will go through the business to save a bit of Tax and you get to keep your toy.

Would you really want the dog in your new EVO any more that you'd want him in the Supe? HTH

Guest adam b

my wife also hates the supra as its a big toy she says.?:rolleyes:

and hags every day for a family car:blink: .i own a van also ,and have to use it for my work,so i know just how you feel mate.

the things we have to do to be a family man hurts a bit a . chin up fella a evo kicks ass when tuned right..:eyebrows:..but nothin looks as good as a supra.:p:D

One of my sons is a scooby fanatic and I have to say as a alternative to a Supra in terms of a family car I would consider one..maybe. I know they are not that pretty and the bottom ends fall apart when tuned, but they do perform well and have four doors to keep the missus happy.

Guest adam b

buy a m3 then you will both be happy..iv had 2 and ther great;)

.as i said thay dont look like a supra but ther faster then some and handle better in the right hands i used to hit roundabouts at 80 90 mph ..ther the best fast family car,,or a m5:eyebrows: